Worrying - any advice thankfully received

Eleven Plus (11+) in Wirral

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
EJT2707

Re: Worrying - any advice thankfully received

Post by EJT2707 »

Thank you both .. I am hopeful, I keep telling myself that it’s likely she will be accepted to one or the other, but then the “what ifs” keep rearing their ugly head! I know it seems silly to be so obsessed by it but I’m blaming the hormones as my excuse haha
She is crossing out days on a calendar now until allocation day and that is making me worry all the more, I keep trying to be positive about the local comp just in case but she isn’t having any of it as as my older child (16 next week) is there and hates it that doesn’t help.
I have told her we will go on waiting lists and appeal if she doesn’t get a place on 2nd of March but it is the thought of the disappointment on her face that kills me.

My husband keeps telling me not to worry about something I have no control over and I know he’s right but these raging pregnancy hormones can’t see that!!!

I’ll be sure to post on results day and I really hope everyone gets the outcome they want for their children

Good luck all xx Emma
EJT2707

Post by EJT2707 »

Well it’s going to be a long day! Roll on 12.30am ..... I’m going to stay up. I’m not sure I’d sleep anyway! The CWAC portal says offers will be up at 12.30am.
Fingers crossed for any of you waiting on offers.. it’s so nerve wracking
I’ll post as soon as I know and thank you to all who have replied and offered advice with my ridiculous obsession with this.
I hope to hear good news for your offers too xx
Emma
filmcritic

Post by filmcritic »

Good luck! We should be fine as our son has brothers at his school of choice (Wirral Boys). His friends don’t so more nerve wracking for them.
EJT2707

Post by EJT2707 »

Well the wait is over!! We got our second choice West Kirby Grammar School
We are over the moon
As expected Wirral girls must have been oversubscribed again
But we are still thrilled and feel incredibly lucky

Thanks all

Emma xxxxx
Brummie Dad

Post by Brummie Dad »

EJT2707 wrote:Well the wait is over!! We got our second choice West Kirby Grammar School
We are over the moon
As expected Wirral girls must have been oversubscribed again
But we are still thrilled and feel incredibly lucky

Thanks all

Emma xxxxx
Well done to your DD, a fantastic achievement. She will love it there, she has a fantastic future ahead of her. Well done to you and your family too.
EJT2707

Post by EJT2707 »

Thank you Brummie Dad

She is elated. And we are so glad to know your daughter loves it there

It’s such a relief to know she has a place and that we can now relax.

I really hope all other children are happy today and looking forward to the next steps

Thanks again
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now