Headteacher knows the result?

Eleven Plus (11+) in Wirral

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
Nervouswait

Headteacher knows the result?

Post by Nervouswait »

I’ve heard that our kids head teachers will find out the results before us. Does anybody know if this is true? If it is - how far in advance do they know??
TinyDAncer13

Re: Headteacher knows the result?

Post by TinyDAncer13 »

I’m not sure if that is true but I’ve heard that the Upton results are out this Friday 15th. So not much longer to wait! Best of luck to your daughter.
Alexel123

Post by Alexel123 »

I haven’t heard about head teachers getting the results first. Surely the parents have the right to know first as it doesn’t show how well the school has been doing as we paid for private tutoring. Its not much longer to wait now the results are out on the 18th.
lizmcp

Post by lizmcp »

Why on earth would the school be told at all? Is this how it's done on the Wirral, where many schools have many children sitting the 11+? Our school didn't even know the 11+ was on until my child was doing it, and even then did everything to discourage success (they want the bright kids to go to their feeder school, which is part of the same academy trust). I'll be raging if anything is passed on to them.
Nervouswait

Post by Nervouswait »

I'm pretty sure the schools know the results a week or two before us. Its so the Headteacher can provide evidence to show that a child that has missed out by only 1 or 2 marks, is actually of Grammar School standard. They have an independent assessment board prior to the results being sent to parents - it is this panel that can consider Headteacher evidence for borderline cases.

Also - the results for the Wirral 11+ are sent on the 21st (Thursday) according to the Wirral Gov website. Not the 18th as some other websites suggest.

Good luck everyone.
TinyDAncer13

Post by TinyDAncer13 »

I meant the Upton results are due out this week. I got that information from this website in fact.
lizmcp

Post by lizmcp »

They contacted the school ages ago - still in Year 5, probably a couple of weeks after I registered her. She's the only one from her school, so maybe they contact the school for reference in advance when there's only one or a small number of children sitting it?
fingers crossed

Post by fingers crossed »

Yes this is true.

The headteacher is contacted with the result a week or 2 before they are issued to parents. The reasoning for this is so that if there are children who have unexpectedly not reached the required mark, the headteacher can provide evidence to be considered by the IAB.

Hope this helps
JodyBeech

Post by JodyBeech »

When we spoke to our head on Thursday following son not gaining the required score (231 so 5 marks under) and she says she hadn't received any results and that was the first she had heard. We did the Wirral test but go to a Cheshire school. Should she have received these results and if she had would she have been able to try and do anything with them?
lizmcp

Post by lizmcp »

We are in Knowsley and I think it might be different if you’re out of area. Our school was contacted months ago, still in Year 5. My daughter was the only one in the school doing the Wirral 11+. The head teacher may have got the results in advance but we don’t know. From what I’ve read, the reason the schools get results in advance is if there are borderline scores, to determine suitability.