Eleven Plus (11+) in Wirral

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

TinyDAncer13

Results??

Post by TinyDAncer13 »

Its so quiet - even after results!

id love to hear how everyone got on.

We got a pass for both the 11 plus and St Anselms :D
Last edited by TinyDAncer13 on Sat Oct 23, 2021 7:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Shazbot79

Re: Results??

Post by Shazbot79 »

My daughter passed her 11plus but we didn't try for Upton as transport would be trickier (we're in Great Sutton). Her brother is at Wirral boys and we were thinking Wirral girls but she's chosen West Kirby - he'll be relieved she won't embarrass him on the bus :D fingers crossed they all get their first choice too
TinyDAncer13

Post by TinyDAncer13 »

Shazbot79 wrote:My daughter passed her 11plus but we didn't try for Upton as transport would be trickier (we're in Great Sutton). Her brother is at Wirral boys and we were thinking Wirral girls but she's chosen West Kirby - he'll be relieved she won't embarrass him on the bus :D fingers crossed they all get their first choice too

Fabulous news! Congratulations to your daughter :D

We are looking at Calday first, St Anslems second. Such an exciting time for our children :)
Alexel123

Post by Alexel123 »

My daughter just made it she got 237, do they pick children with the highest marks first or does it go from distance of people that have got over 236? Were 1/2 mile away from wirral grammar.
mad?

Post by mad? »

Alexel123 wrote:My daughter just made it she got 237, do they pick children with the highest marks first or does it go from distance of people that have got over 236? Were 1/2 mile away from wirral grammar.
Please see their admissions policy - half a mile looks good :)
mad?
Shazbot79

Post by Shazbot79 »

Alexel123 wrote:My daughter just made it she got 237, do they pick children with the highest marks first or does it go from distance of people that have got over 236? Were 1/2 mile away from wirral grammar.
They don't go on score - a pass is a pass! The closer you are the better as the school has been oversubscribed in recent years but you should be OK living so close
TinyDAncer13

Post by TinyDAncer13 »

Congratulations to your daughter!! :D

I dont think score comes into it and if over subscribed, it goes on distance. I am concerned that although my son scored 265, we live 7.5 miles away from Calday and I am not sure where we would stand on distance.
hermanmunster

Post by hermanmunster »

TinyDAncer13 wrote:

I dont think score comes into it and if over subscribed, it goes on distance. I am concerned that although my son scored 265, we live 7.5 miles away from Calday and I am not sure where we would stand on distance.
Just looking back at some previous figures
In 2018 the last boy offered a place was in category 5 (16.3 miles).
In 2021 all on-time applicants were offered places.
TinyDAncer13

Post by TinyDAncer13 »

hermanmunster wrote:
TinyDAncer13 wrote:

Just looking back at some previous figures
In 2018 the last boy offered a place was in category 5 (16.3 miles).
In 2021 all on-time applicants were offered places.
Thank you for that information. That's really useful to know! :D
hermanmunster

Post by hermanmunster »

TinyDAncer13 wrote: Thank you for that information. That's really useful to know! :D
Never guaranteed but certainly looks encouraging
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now