BHS

Eleven Plus (11+) in Wirral

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
Wallasey

Post by Wallasey »

guest42

Post by guest42 »

Seems to raise more questions that it answers? It seems to suggest both Park and Rock Ferry will close with school on new site. Doesn't suggest where or who will pay for it? (Answer me!) Guess the new sports hall at Park can be demolished (heh ho it's only money)

Other snippet is this idea that the new Superschool will serve the Central and South of the town but provision in the North is still to be looked at. Now apart from the fact that few people would recognise this split when you can drive from the "South" to the "North" in 5 minutes! it is true that Rock Ferry is as far from North Birkenhead as is possible without being in Bebington so maybe the truth is Rock Ferry will get blitzed but be the site for the new Superschool.

Or cutting out the nuLabor spin..Park is the one for the chop!
kittyhola

Post by kittyhola »

The entrance exam to the girls school - the academy is ONE paper only. It's a non verbal reasoning test.
NotionPotion

Post by NotionPotion »

Rumour has it that the new site is near Tranmere Rovers on a large playing field site (near Ingleborough Road?). I suppose this would mean that BOTH Rock Ferry and Park High would close. The redundant school land could perhaps be used to fulfil WBC's "build more houses" brief.

Don't know what the considerations for the North end of Birkenhead would be though.
guest42

Post by guest42 »

Interesting rumour! Let's hope they're not counting on Icelandic banks to fund it:)
NotionPotion

Post by NotionPotion »

http://democracy.wirral.gov.uk/Publishe ... Public.pdf
Another interesting twist. Looks like Wirral Borough Council are looking to form a collaboration between BHS and Prenton High School (paras. 4,0 and beyond refer) on separate sites initially. Quite a complex scenario!
Vivica

Birkenhead High School

Post by Vivica »

You leave the Wirral for a few years and it goes to **** in a handcart! As a former (bursary) pupil I'm deeply saddened to hear of the Old Girl's imminent death. A quarter century ago one was forced to endure the physical and verbal abuse (" hey St Trinians, show us yer knickers") of the uncouth youth of St Anselms. They might have had priests, but they weren't posh and they were easily felled with a lacrosse stick. What happened to the old fighting spirit? The days when the staff threatened revolt when told GCSEs (the beginning of the end??)in French and Maths were to be introduced. The days when we nobly prostituted ourselves to local benefactors for new science labs by agreeing to have "domestic science" labs built alongside. At least they were somewhere for the sixth form to make lunch.. The days when Fred Kellett kicked seven shades out of a certain radio host for suggesting that single sex education was wasted on her gels.
I made a return visit some years ago and was shocked to see the encroachment of soft subjects into a paean of academia. Joking aside, everything really was spelled out in big letters. We were expected to read around our subjects and learn for the sake of it, not be spoon fed as the current intake seemed to be. BHS might not have been big on pastoral care but it taught you to think, take action and be responsible for your actions. Who could fault that as a template? RIP
guest42

THE SCHOOL IS DEAD LONG LIVE THE SCHOOL!

Post by guest42 »

I've seen the future and it lies up the road!

http://birkenheadschool.co.uk/news/lacrosse.htm

To my knowledge every girl a refugee from the Academy
Vivica

Long Live B(H)S!

Post by Vivica »

Considerate of them to commemorate the fallen in their choice of shirt colour! So where do I send my subs for the Old Girls Soc?
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now