Essex, is it 15 or 21 types for VR?

Advice on 11 Plus VR papers and problems

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
must-be-mad

Essex, is it 15 or 21 types for VR?

Post by must-be-mad »

Hello,
I am new to this forum and I am trying to home tutor my DD for the Essex exam to be taken this November. Does anyone know what type of VR questions I should be using for my DD? Is it the 15 or 21 types and where will I find out what these consist of?
I will be purchasing NFER papers, are these relevant for Essex or can anyone else suggest different?

Sorry If this topic has been bought up before, I did have a quick search on the forum but couldn't find any info!

I look forward to hearing from someone soon :?
kegstwo

Essex, is it 15 or 21 types for VR

Post by kegstwo »

Hello must-be-mad,

It is 21 types for the Essex VR. If you look on the Essex section of the forum there is a really useful sticky about suitable material. We used mostly Bright Sparks and the Tutors downloads from this site. ALso Nfer nearer the time for familiarisation as the papers you can buy only have 15 types.

I have found this site invaluable so I'd stick around if I were you! :)
must-be-mad

Post by must-be-mad »

Hi Kegstwo,

Thankyou for your reply! I have now found the sticky on the Esex forum, I odviously didn't look hard enough the first time around, the silly woman that I am :oops:

I intend to stick around so will no doubt be looking for more advice from you and everyone else in the near future :)
I've just downloaded some practice VR papers off this site like you suggested so will have a busy evening with DD :wink:

Thanks again
Jinx

Post by Jinx »

Hi,

I'm new on these boards. My daughter is starting year 5 in September so we are now starting to work towards the 11+

Grateful if someone could point me in to the right direction as to where I might be able to find the different types of questions ( 21 ) and if there are any goods books you could recommend. We have just started to use the Bond papers. However we are in Bexley and I assume NFR is the exam board. The trouble is that there doesn't seem to be much out there published by NFR.

Thanks.
Tracy

Post by Tracy »

jinx, you need to start posting on the Bexley thread.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now