IS THIS ENOUGH TO PASS??

Advice on 11 Plus VR papers and problems

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

MARYKATE

IS THIS ENOUGH TO PASS??

Post by MARYKATE »

Hi,

My daughter always score between 80-90% on the bond forth papers (which are said to be typical 11 + level) and NFER papers. Do you think these papers are the typical level and will these scores be good enough?

I have heard that a lot of the shop bought papers are easier than the actual, does anyone know if this is the case with the above??

Many thanks
patricia

Post by patricia »

Dear Mary Kate

Bond are not equivalent in content to NFER. I note your location is The Wirral, which means the test is NFER Verbal Reasoning covering the common 21 types of questions, in multiple choice form.

Bond cover 50 types, only 17 are relevant and they use standard not multiple choice.

Relevant publishers are IPS, Susan Daughtrey [her packs of 4 papers] The Tutors, Madeleine Guyon and Walsh.

Take a look at the Wirral section, further down the forum front page.

Patricia
MARYKATE

Post by MARYKATE »

Thanks for your reply Patricia.

I understand that the Bond papers don't cover everything she needs, however she does practise with a variety of different papers and also papers that her tutor has prepared for her in areas she needs most.

Does anyone know if the level of these papers are typical 11 + ?

Thanks
patricia

Post by patricia »

Dear Marykate

As Bond are not typical 11 material for Nfer they cannot be used to judge the difficulty in relation to the test your child will be taking, as the comparison is not like for like. I am not aware of any area/school that uses Bond for the real 11 plus.

Shop bought Nfer only contain 15 types, 90% is relatively easy to reach.

Susan Daughtrey [packs of 4] are the closest in difficulty and look to the Nfer multiple choice real tests. Have you used these tests? Has your tutor told you what the approximate pass mark for the Wirral is? I vaguely remember that the Wirral pass mark is very approximately 83/84%. I will have a look around for you.

Patricia
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now