Daughter losing confidence in "The Tutors" papers.

Advice on 11 Plus VR papers and problems

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

daydreamer

Tutors mistakes: DS losing confidence

Post by daydreamer »

I've had the same problem. The papers are FULL of mistakes. The only way to get round the problem is to do the tests myself before giving them to my son. Even then, you can't be 100% sure if it's a mistake or if you're being thick. Here are 2 examples from the same paper- Level 3 Paper 14. I think they contain mistakes because I can't do them. Let me know if you have more luck:

Ques 17: ( 4{44}28 ) ( 12{48}36 )
( 15{?}27 )

answer: 24

Ques 19: (16{16}2) (4{32}4)
(6{?}5)

answer: 30

I can't believe they're trying to claim it's acceptable to have 5% errors!
Sally-Anne

Re: Tutors mistakes: DS losing confidence

Post by Sally-Anne »

Hi Daydreamer

I have both versions of these papers (before and after proof-reading) on my PC and they were identified as errors when I proof-read them. However that was in July 2008 and the "raw papers" were only online for around two weeks.

When did you download these papers? If you contact our office they will arrange for the correct versions to be supplied to replace them. You will need to provide information to prove that you bought them (your email address should suffice) and approximately when.

If that reveals a problem with the current download, we will of course address it.

Sally-Anne
daydreamer

Post by daydreamer »

Hi Sally-Anne,

Thanks for the quick response.

I purchased the papers on January 17th this year. I'll contact your office straight away.

Daydreamer
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now