new 11+ papers??

Advice on 11 Plus VR papers and problems

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
wizard

new 11+ papers??

Post by wizard »

as I didn't get an answer to this under the general topic heading I thought I would try again under here.

I see there are some new Letts practice papers due out this month. Does anyone know if they are completely new papers or the old papers in a new cover?
patricia

Post by patricia »

Dear Wizard

I have recieved the following communication:

Also I wanted to alert you and let you know that there will be a lot of confusion in the parent market place as Letts have stopped working with GL-Assessment and both will now produce their own VR Practice paper packs, however the Letts are keeping the same design (Graduating Giraffe) which was formerly used for selling GL-Assessment (Nfer) papers. So parents buying Letts packs without checking the pack properly will be basing their exam preparation on the wrong material.

I will investigate a bit more, but it sounds as if we need the GL assessment for 21 types and Letts will have different question types, therefore will not be relevant. Care must be taken to pick up the correct pack if indeed they are going to have the same giraffe design.

Patricia
Y

Post by Y »

I've contacted Letts, and 'Emma' in their sales department tells me that the format and question types are identical to the previous edition of the tests, just the questions are different. So still just 15 types.
sherry_d

Post by sherry_d »

Y wrote:types are identical to the previous edition of the tests, just the questions are different. So still just 15 types.
It looks like I need to get hold of the old papers before the new ones are out if the questions are going to be different.
Y

Post by Y »

I assume the originals will still be available from GL Assessment:

but I haven't made that enquiry.
trumpet

Post by trumpet »

Is there any chance of new maths papers?
stevew61

Post by stevew61 »

trumpet wrote:Is there any chance of new maths papers?
Yes, Letts, ISBN-139781844192502 BRAND NEW QUESTIONS!

On the front bottom right says "created by experienced examiners & teachers" the old ones say "created by the real 11+........".

We are working through paper one and first impressions are they are good papers.

steve
trumpet

Post by trumpet »

Im glad you posted that. I was just thinking if the covers the same how will I know which ones Im buying. I take it these are out in bookshops now??
trumpet

Post by trumpet »

I cant find them on any websites. Where did you get yours?
committed

Post by committed »

Fantastic news that there are new papers.

Have just ordered all three needed for my area. Try searching under: ISBN: 9781844192502 and you should find them. (I am guessing I can't give out the website name here... :? )