VR

Advice on 11 Plus VR papers and problems

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
patricia

Re: VR

Post by patricia »

Are they able to get extra time or adapted papers?

In the past I have had a child with papers enlarged to A3 and another given extra time. A scribe was offered but we declined.

Storming off to bed soon, need to finish the glass of red first...

Patricia
Sally-Anne

Post by Sally-Anne »

No hope on this occasion, and they were too late applying anyway. :(
deepa

Post by deepa »

I must say, in one day only, my DD has speed up , but I am not sure if Bucks paper it is allowed to write in paper
Deepa
Sally-Anne

Post by Sally-Anne »

For the 11+ they can write on the question paper. (Not allowed for the 12+, but that doesn't concern you.)

They must obviously not make any marks on the answer paper apart from marking the answer.
VI DD

Post by VI DD »

Sally-Anne wrote:My conversation today was with the parent of a child who has a specific visual difficulty (dominant eye) that has been holding him back, and we were looking for ways around that.
Try printing out seperate alphabet sheets to work on, I use Arial (Bold) size 32 and landscape orientation, it helped my DD to see the jumps she was making more easily for the sequences so that she could learn the techniques, I also scan, enlarge and print the papers for her (which is allowed under copyright laws) so that she can see the printed letters more easily, a big problem with visually impaired children is they learn to read by recognising the shape of words as they cannot always differentiate the individual letters making VR very visually challenging.
VI DD

Post by VI DD »

Sally-Anne wrote:No hope on this occasion, and they were too late applying anyway. :(
Just curious... why no hope?
Sally-Anne

Post by Sally-Anne »

VI DD wrote:
Sally-Anne wrote:No hope on this occasion, and they were too late applying anyway. :(
Just curious... why no hope?
The parents completely misunderstood the optometrist's report and also failed to give a copy to the school, even though the school had flagged up the issue in the first place. As a result it was far too late for them to be able to apply for extra time or adjustments to the test papers.
gillmc22

Re: VR -

Post by gillmc22 »

Hi, I'm new to the Board. Our son will be sitting the 11+ on the Wirral this year. His Headteacher has told us this week he's more than capable but his tutoring has not helped him with his VR and I'm now panicking :( He really struggles on the code words and on these sequence questions. I understand how to establish the sequence for top/bottom as explained earlier in the thread but is there a rule about whether to count forward or backward?? Any help would be much appreciated....
bidya

Post by bidya »

Sally-Anne wrote:For the 11+ they can write on the question paper. (Not allowed for the 12+, but that doesn't concern you.)

They must obviously not make any marks on the answer paper apart from marking the answer.

Hi Sally-Anne, been looking up forum for any advice and tips/ do's and don'ts for 12+ in Bucks. Is there a section on the 12+ any where on the forum. Am really struggling as there doesn't seem to be many parents who have 12+ specific guidance/support/tips. If not is it worth opening one. Please help!
Bidya
Sally-Anne

Post by Sally-Anne »

Hi bidya

The Sticky on Bucks contains just about everything you need to know that is specific to the 12+.

The question types are the same as the 11+, apart from one additional type.

If you have specific questions, do post them on your 12+ thread in Bucks and we will try to help.

S-A
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now