verbal reasoning,bright sparks

Advice on 11 Plus VR papers and problems

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

chopsy

verbal reasoning,bright sparks

Post by chopsy »

Hi can someone tell me if the bright sparks papers are similar to the verbal reasoning exams for bucks and berks please,as my daughters have done the Walsh,ips and Susan d papers. I am now beginning to worry as I think I may have missed out the crucial ones :| . Thank you in advance. Chopsy.
sherry_d

Re: verbal reasoning,bright sparks

Post by sherry_d »

I thought Bright Sparks = SD???

The ones I had were Bright Sparks by SD, perhaps there were some ownership changes.
Impossible is Nothing.
chicko-mum

Post by chicko-mum »

You're right Sherry. SD has 2 packs of 'graded test papers' as well as the bright sparks papers (which I believe are harder - DD not got to these yet).
JaysDarlin

Post by JaysDarlin »

Chopsy,

The Bright Sparks papers are the ones that resemble the 11+ tests in both the slough consortium and bucks. The graded test papers have a lot of extra types and are not that necessary to do. If anything, you have covered extra stuff.

The Walsh papers are harder that the BS ones, so if your dd has done them already, she should find the Bright Sparks ones easier. Good Luck!
Madhu

Post by Madhu »

Hi,

I was just going through this thread and got a bit confused with Birght Sparks and Susan Daughtery.

They are both the same isn't it? Can someone please clarify?

Much Appreciated,
Madhu
Y

Post by Y »

Susan Daughtrey is the author of the Bright Sparks papers, whicn contain just the 21 NFER question types used in Bucks and certain other areas.
She has also written other papers (the graded test papers that JaysDarlin mentions) which contain a large number of other question types, which may be suitable for some areas, but not Bucks.
chopsy

Post by chopsy »

Thank you to all of you that have helped to answer my query. I apologise if I've somewhat caused confusion. Good luck to all the kids for this week. Kind regards chopsy.
Madhu

Post by Madhu »

Hi Chopsy,

Thanks for clarifying.

Regards,
Madhu
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now