VR practice and technique

Advice on 11 Plus VR papers and problems

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

fm

Re: VR practice and technique

Post by fm »

In a sense there is no proper papers to go through for the KES exam. It is very much a mixed format test. I am not sure long term or volume practice makes a huge difference either. One of my pupils was told he did very well in the VR and he only did a couple of sessions with me after November using IPS 35 minute papers to practise each type, and a few papers. I had already set some tests earlier in the year which were based on Graded Papers (Susan Daughtrey), concentrating on the logic problems, graphs and tables, as practice for the data processing in the KE exam.
JaneEyre

Post by JaneEyre »

Thanks fm, :D
Your message is very interesting... also shows that the Susan Daughtrey books are useful to prepare for the KE, thought they are supposed to be VR. :shock: Do you think that the IPS book is also relevant for the KE preparation?
fm

Post by fm »

No, IPS is not useful for KE.

Bits of Susan Daughtrey are possibly useful but I certainly don't slog them through a whole book. They just have a few tables, logic puzzles and data reading which add variety to preparing them for the longer maths/data reading. Certainly not the VR part of KE which I would term English, anyway.
frosties

Post by frosties »

All the VR information is so useful, as I've been using Bond for VR and now realise being in Trafford that other papers would be much more appropriate. I have posted on the Trafford section about NVR practise,as the papers seemed to have changed to 20 min papers and only a couple of different types of shapes appear now. Don't know whether Patricia can help me out or anyone ?
I know this isn't VR but can't seem to get help to my NVR question and there's so much great information on this thread.
Thanks
JaneEyre

Post by JaneEyre »

fm wrote:No, IPS is not useful for KE.
OK, thank you fm ! Each advice you give help to see clearer in this jungle :wink:
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now