are bright sparks the same as susan daughtrey practice paper

Advice on 11 Plus VR papers and problems

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

bitworried

are bright sparks the same as susan daughtrey practice paper

Post by bitworried »

sorry have searched but am still a bit unsure :? would really appreciate some advice about book order

I am diy tutoring DD for sw herts consortium this Nov ( since last Sept) we were recommended Susan Daughtrey method books 123 before found this forum. Since then we have completed IPS books, AFN book1 , Tutors 15mins, Athey set 1

I saved Susan Daughtrey practice papers 1 and 2 as thought they would be tricky, but she is whizzing through them in 15 mins scoring high 90s so far... :shock:

so wanted do Bright sparks next but do have the same questions as S Daughtrey practice papers ? or is it helpful to do bright sparks to too ? :?

also is it worth doing other Athey sets ?

am planning to look through Walsh ( book1) together in Summer hols and getting her to do some Learning lab (Bk 2)

any help very gratefully received as seem to be only one in dds class with no tutor and panicking a bit.

many thanks in advance :D
bitworried

Re: are bright sparks the same as susan daughtrey practice p

Post by bitworried »

hopeful bump please - does anyone know if graded papers are the same as bright sparks :?
scary mum

Post by scary mum »

If you look under the Bucks section in one of the stickies there is a discussion about the relative difficulty of different types of paper.
scary mum
patricia

Post by patricia »

Susan Daughtrey graded papers are not the same as the Bright Sparks tests [there may be the odd same/similar question]

The Daughtrey papers cover 35 plus different types of questions in standard form. The Bright Sparks series cover 21 types in standard and multiple choice.

You need to find out which publisher sets the tests you are applying for and whether its in std or m/c. You can then proceed with the correct papers. If its GL Assesment m/c then the graded papers and method books are not relevant.

Patricia
bitworried

Post by bitworried »

that is very helpful thank you both very much :D
enjoy the weekend thanks again :)
Colourful-Rainbow

Post by Colourful-Rainbow »

patricia wrote:Susan Daughtrey graded papers are not the same as the Bright Sparks tests [there may be the odd same/similar question]

The Daughtrey papers cover 35 plus different types of questions in standard form. The Bright Sparks series cover 21 types in standard and multiple choice.

You need to find out which publisher sets the tests you are applying for and whether its in std or m/c. You can then proceed with the correct papers. If its GL Assesment m/c then the graded papers and method books are not relevant.

Patricia
I was also confused about this, so the other books are not relevant at all to the MC questions (I got some of her other ones not the Bright Sparks ones). :( I'm in the Redbridge area where I believe we do MC for VR and NVR as far as I know. Does Susan J. Daughtrey only do VR? I can't find NVR ones.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now