how do you help with speeding up on VR

Advice on 11 Plus VR papers and problems

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
goldengirl

how do you help with speeding up on VR

Post by goldengirl »

DD struggling to get all the questions completed in the allotted time. She can do the work but runs out of time-whole section not completed today. She is improving in terms of moving on if she thinks a question is too time consuming. She does great on timed tests of 10*15 mins but only got 64 out of 100 complete test today.
I feel sick with anxiety!
Mock test next Fri and actual test the week after.
Help-any inspiring stories much appreciated-very many thanks
ginx

Re: how do you help with speeding up on VR

Post by ginx »

Hi

Can't help on that, my dd only got 66/100 on a Susan Daughtrey ... she finished them in 40 rather than 50 mins but missed loads out ... but then she did well to do that.

What about breaking a long test down into 10 minutes.

I'm sick with anxiety. Test next Saturday. Gulp. No chance really except luck on the day. Eek!
scary mum

Post by scary mum »

The only thing I can offer is leave the long wordy questions (type Z) until last and then make and educated guess if no time left - they are still only one mark but can take ages. She will need to remember to go back, and also not to shunt all the answers up by one.
scary mum
Long Journey

Post by Long Journey »

What about if you remind her just before the test that she needs to move on quickly if she is taking time over one question? This is 100% effective with my DD but I have to do this before every single VR paper that we do at home, or she forgets :cry: . As long as the reminder is there she is fine, if not she'll have a chunk of questions left at the end. So it's all up to me then :? . Unfortunately VR is not the first paper she's doing at the actual exam so God help us.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now