L type question

Advice on 11 Plus VR papers and problems

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
ginx

Re: L type question

Post by ginx »

Sorry bravado, Toadmum, stocky. You are right and I should have said where I am, tbh it didnt cross my mind. I won't quote dd2 again. She has probably got it all wrong anyway. She is only ten. Thoughtless of me.

Apologies. :(
bravado

Post by bravado »

ginx wrote:Sorry bravado, Toadmum, stocky. You are right and I should have said where I am, tbh it didnt cross my mind. I won't quote dd2 again. She has probably got it all wrong anyway. She is only ten. Thoughtless of me.

Apologies. :(
As far as I can see, ginx, there's truly no need to apologise and I don't think you were being thoughtless (((ginx)))
It's important for us all as parents, to hear what our DC's think about the exam and the 11+ preparation - they're the ones that are doing it afterall. I often find that my DDs give me a very healthy kick up the backside and a wake-up call with their perspective on things :wink: :lol:
So please don't stop telling people on here, about how your DD felt about the entire 11+ voyage :D
Stocky

Post by Stocky »

Ginx, definitely no need to apologise, your posts and DD's experience is invaluable to this site and its people like you who have kept me sane. I do read posts on here where its clear some parents aren't aware of the differences in the tests across different counties, and knowledge when they hit this site is really diverse, from those who have little info to those who have done their research, so I think we all have to bear the former in mind when posting about a county specific experience on a non county specific part of the forum x
ginx

Post by ginx »

Thank you, Stocky and bravado. I have added another point somewhere but made sure I said I was in Warwickshire. I have learned my lesson. :) Thanks for the kind comments.
mystery

Post by mystery »

Just to clarify. We are in Kent - currently gl assessment . Rumour is that we are switching to CEM. does CEM do codes or not? I guess not. Am I right?
Sally-Anne

Post by Sally-Anne »

No codes in CEM - take a look at the new Sticky on the Birmingham section for more information about CEM content.
mystery

Post by mystery »

Thanks Sally. Pity. They do seem like marks for old rope.
ginx

Post by ginx »

Do you mean my dd2 was right - no codes? In Warwickshire? :) If so, (note if), lucky for her, because she simply could not master them. We gave up and concentrated on other areas.
Sally-Anne

Post by Sally-Anne »

ginx wrote:Do you mean my dd2 was right - no codes? In Warwickshire? :)
Yup, no Codes in Warks or on CEM - only on GL style papers.
ginx

Post by ginx »

Sally-Anne, I'm feeling a little smug (dd2 was right! all those who said I was wrong!) but annoyed we spent any time at all on them. It was really frustrating that my dd2 who is fairly but not very bright, just could not grasp them at all - she could get 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, but struggled with anything beyond 2, 4, 6, 8 ..., let alone with letters. Strange when she could do other things, and nvr, so easily by comparison. That's not to say she was brilliant.

She must have just been lucky on the day, and very fortunate there were no codes.

Where did it say there weren't any codes?
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now