Tutors VR 15 minutes test

Advice on 11 Plus VR papers and problems

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

coombeward

Tutors VR 15 minutes test

Post by coombeward »

Totally baffled. Can some help with this one, pls?

Q16, paper 14, Level 4

75 (30) 15
120 (30) 8
84 (?) 6

Answer: 29
Okanagan

Re: Tutors VR 15 minutes test

Post by Okanagan »

I'm wondering if this is a typo and the first one is meant to be
75 (20) 15

If so
75 (20) 15
120 (30) 8
84 (29) 6
would make sense as they'd all be first number / second number, then add 15
75/15 = 5 -> 5 + 15 = 20
120 / 8 = 15 -> 15 + 15 = 30
84 / 6 = 14 -> 14 + 15 = 29
coombeward

Post by coombeward »

Thanks. It could very well be typo in the question.
Sally-Anne

Post by Sally-Anne »

I think it may well be a typo. I am not sure if these papers have ever been comprehensively proof-read. They are at the very difficult end of the range so I don't think many people have used them either.
bravado

Post by bravado »

We downloaded some of the Tutors Level 3 and Level 4 papers - we've since given up on them as there's mistakes/typos etc and it was counter-productive, time and confidence-wise. We've been officially told that in common with many other publishers, there's mistakes in these papers but there isn't a list available for anyone to check against...
coombeward

Post by coombeward »

Sally-Anne wrote:I think it may well be a typo. I am not sure if these papers have ever been comprehensively proof-read. They are at the very difficult end of the range so I don't think many people have used them either.
Thanks, Sally-Anne. Occassionally we come across typo errors (as in many other papers as well), but we find these short tests useful, even though some what more difficult.
Sally-Anne

Post by Sally-Anne »

bravado wrote:We downloaded some of the Tutors Level 3 and Level 4 papers - we've since given up on them as there's mistakes/typos etc and it was counter-productive, time and confidence-wise. We've been officially told that in common with many other publishers, there's mistakes in these papers but there isn't a list available for anyone to check against...
Can you tell me roughly when you downloaded the Level 3s? I proof-read those myself when they were first published a few years back and I am only aware of one error that escaped that process. I am a little bit concerned that the original papers may have somehow snuck back on to the system. :?
bravado

Post by bravado »

Sally-Anne wrote:
bravado wrote:We downloaded some of the Tutors Level 3 and Level 4 papers - we've since given up on them as there's mistakes/typos etc and it was counter-productive, time and confidence-wise. We've been officially told that in common with many other publishers, there's mistakes in these papers but there isn't a list available for anyone to check against...
Can you tell me roughly when you downloaded the Level 3s? I proof-read those myself when they were first published a few years back and I am only aware of one error that escaped that process. I am a little bit concerned that the original papers may have somehow snuck back on to the system. :?
Sally-Anne - so sorry for the delay. Off the top of my head, I know there's issues with Pack 4 Paper 13, Q11 - duplicate answer option and DD seems to recall that Q13 may have had an issue. I'll go through my Level 3's now, which were downloaded 7/2012
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now