GL PACK 1 test 1 - level of difficulty?

Advice on 11 Plus VR papers and problems

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

BusyQueenBee

GL PACK 1 test 1 - level of difficulty?

Post by BusyQueenBee »

hello experts out there,
DS did surprisingly well (90.5%) on this paper in 50 min after months of no practice (he used to get around 70% before the summer) and I am wondering if it's considered an easy one in comparison? I know some are easier that others and I want to take that into account when planning the next weeks Thank you.
Manny0311

Re: GL PACK 1 test 1 - level of difficulty?

Post by Manny0311 »

I can only speak for pack1 VR only. My DS scored extremely well in these too. PK 2 was trickier for DS. Didn't score as highly on 3, early 70's and paper 3 scoring 76.
Just remember these GL papers are the same format the real exam will look like and not necessarily same level of difficulty. I feel pack 1 and SD bright sparks pk1 and 2 are about the level of the real thing.
This has come straight from DS and how he has felt so far.
BusyQueenBee

Post by BusyQueenBee »

Thank you Manny. I will go through VR pack 1 then have a go at pack 2 which sounds more difficult. It is a good thing is the first one is easier, this way you can work your way up, unlike the GL NVR where the pack 1 test 1 almost killed us!
Orson

Post by Orson »

Bizarrely, GL pack 1 test 1 is the hardest and test 4 is the easiest.
Not that you'd know but they are best done in reverse order.
Pack 2 contains 21 types whilst pack 1 contains just 15.
Manny0311

Post by Manny0311 »

DS came out of his exams recently and stated the vocab was easier, the maths and everything else was easier than the GL's expecially pk 2 which he found harder
Pumpkin Pie

Post by Pumpkin Pie »

I spoke to GL on the phone and asked about the degree of difficulty with Packs 1 and 2. They told me that each pack contained individual papers and they were not graded in any way. So pack one was not made any easier than pack two.
Orson

Post by Orson »

They are not graded in any way but that doesn't mean individual papers don't vary in difficulty.