GL Assessment VR - where it is won and lost

Advice on 11 Plus VR papers and problems

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
Manny0311

Re: Where the Bucks 11+ is won and lost

Post by Manny0311 »

Hello

Do children get scrap paper for their workings out in Bucks ?? At the momen DS usues the papers themselves for working out but the small writing loses them and causes silly mistakes !
faitaccompli

Post by faitaccompli »

No - mine wrote on the question paper which is allowed - not on the answer sheet though!
Manny0311

Post by Manny0311 »

faitaccompli wrote:No - mine wrote on the question paper which is allowed - not on the answer sheet though!
Shame that !
Sally-Anne

Post by Sally-Anne »

There is far more blank space on the real papers than there is on the IPS papers - look at the GL Assessment papers to get an idea of the layout.
jhansi

Re: GL Assessment VR - where it is won and lost

Post by jhansi »

Hi,

I am a new bee to this whole 11+ and am trying to get my head round the DIY on VR and NVR and English.
Please can you share the compound word lists ....my DS is sitting this september..

Thanks..
Pumpkin Pie

Post by Pumpkin Pie »

Thanks to Patricia, here is the compound word list.

" Compound word list now available.......there are of course hundreds more.....I am always adding to my list......these are common ones".

http://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/pdf/11 ... tricia.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Don't forget Patricia's important word list for VR too!

http://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/assets ... tricia.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Good luck!
MSC

Post by MSC »

This post really got me into action on vocab building for my then Y3 DS when I first read it in Feb last year; thanks for posting.
"The only one rehab centre that I long to be in, is the 11+ Rehab Centre" a quote by MSC :-)
catwoman

Post by catwoman »

Hi i am a newbie to this forum my DS is in year 4 and i was wondering if these compound words are useful for the CEM Birmingham exams also the Queen Marys 11 plus exams next year?
Any advice would be appreciated as i am preparing some work for the summer, such as Bonds 10 mins test just to get him used to the different types of VR, NVR questions.
PBJ

Post by PBJ »

jabba7 wrote:I have a few compound words from the last test remembered by my DS and his friends. I made a note of them to use for my next DS. Some are quite tricky, is it safe to post these now as the Oct 2011 paper will not be used again?
what were those examples from the tests so i can go through them with my son
TheHurdle

Post by TheHurdle »

Can anyone help me interpret Sallys original post eg whats Maths k?

we are DIY ers.