Missing Word i.e. word is QUAY missing bit LIT (QUALITY)

Advice on 11 Plus VR papers and problems

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Mike

Post by Mike »

Hi

If you look at the question papers in the NFER packs, inside the front page are copyright details that will indicate the year they were written. My most recent packs indicated that the papers were written in 1997.

The front covers of the packs have changed over the years i.e. cornflower blue, GO-Practice and the current Letts format, these are subject to their own copyright.

One of the things that NFER do maintain is that their 85 question, 50 minute, 15 question types mirror the Real 11+ tests such as the NFER 80 questions in 50 minutes covering 21 question types that takes place in Bucks and the Wirral, perhaps!!

Agree that standard papers are more difficult overall.

Regards

Mike

Post by Guest »

Just goes to show how much easier these are when multiple choice! Most children would not have a hope of getting this in standard format.
fm

Post by fm »

I've been doing the NFER VR for about 6 years and I've had 2 children in total who got FOLDS and only 1 ever who worked out HOURS. Very few get the SPARE sweatshirt either.
This type was featured this year in the Sutton Coldfield/Bishop Vesey's entrance exam written by NFER. The ones given were something like:

1. The girl gave her OION on the matter. PIN
2. The SCE of the river was in the mountains. OUR

Don't be surprised if they come up on yours because NFER really do recylce their questions.

You can actually improve children at these. I've had children, especially boys, who can't do them initially but get there with practice. Make up
about 30 of your own and have him do them without pressure.
scatshouse

Post by scatshouse »

Hi,

I've been reading this thread with interest, as these are the questions my son hates. So much so that when he gets to them he loses his rag! Which then doesn't help with the rest of the test.

I have told him to leave these till the end and then go back to them, but i am going to try some of the suggestions with him this evening and fingers crossed he'll get through them.

Good luck to Tearing Hair Out Mum, hope your son is getting on with them o.k. now.

Scatshouse.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now