Susan Daughtrey Bright Sparks test papers

Advice on 11 Plus VR papers and problems

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now

Post by Guest »

thanks patricia. we have done all of these papers but we were not aware that WALSH papers are also relevent to bucks exams. if it is true do you think we should go through these ones as well.thanks
patricia

Post by patricia »

Dear Guest

When are your tests? Has your child already sat the first one?

Walsh uses harder vocabulary, as so does Bucks. They unfortunately use brackets in types I and G maths, so you need to explain to your child that the NFER who publishes the tests do not [ dont want to confuse children, especially at this late stage.

If you only have one test left and your child has been scoring well, I am reluctant to advise more tests, perhaps just dipping into some sections.

Vocab at this stage in the game is the most important, children have cracked all the coded and maths questions...

Patricia

Post by Guest »

thanks patricia. he sitting his both tests next week (15-19/10/01) becuse we are OOC. is the vocab in WALSH is of same level as TUTORS, SD etc.. so in short is it worth going for these tests at this stage? thanks in advance.
Bad Dad

Post by Bad Dad »

In my area (Warwickshire) the fomat is NFER Standard 15 types, 80 questions in 50 mins. Am I right in thinking that there are no practice papers on the market that follow this format? The closest is NFER 11a-d, but these have 85 questons rather than 80? Next best is S.D. Bright Sparks Standard, but those include types 16-21?
Drastic Dad

Post by Drastic Dad »

Digging out an old topic but should be very relevant as we tale NfER Nelson papers now. I am having major difficulties with 11A as well. I am sure they become easier moving from A t D which can be a bit of a shock to the child. Should we do them backwards from 11D to 11A?