Susan Daughtrey Bright Sparks test papers

Advice on 11 Plus VR papers and problems

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Post by Guest »

This has to be an error. There shouldn't be two possible options - just because a word begins with a capital letter doesn't mean it's not a word. I don't think there will be any like this in the real 11+. Personally, I would go with: - if you've found a real word, mark it, and move on.
Suesole

Post by Suesole »

I agree with guest no 2. The question says find a 4 letter word. It doesn't say anything about the start of a sentence. Maybe it's a typo on this book. I hope the real thing doesn't have any errors !

Post by Guest »

We found this too and agree with Guest 2.

I liked the first Bright Sparks set but haven't been impressed with this latest one. I don't know if I'm imagining it, but they don't seem to have much in the way of original or challenging vocab. I'm sure a lot of it has been repeated from her previous publications.
Anon

Post by Anon »

Sorry posted as guest above rather than 'anon'
patricia

Post by patricia »

Dear All

Yes, we have spotted same mistake. If mistakes are found the best thing to do is to write to the publisher, I do all the time. Some rectify others do not.

With regard to using vocabulary from previous publications...

As far as I am concerned, for Bucks and areas using Multiple Choice, it doesn't matter because her previous publications have been standard format, I would not be using BOTH types.

Patricia
Tearing Hair Out Mum

Post by Tearing Hair Out Mum »

Patricia,

Can you please confirm.

Is it correct that if a word ie find a word in the sentence begins with a capital then they are not to use that word and look for another without a capital, I am now confused and slightly panicking?

Thanks
THOM
Tearing Hair Out Mum
patricia

Post by patricia »

Dear Thom

The above example is a mistake as far as I am concerned.

If a word is found in the first two words and that word begins with a capital letter then it makes no difference, it is a correct answer.

Patricia

Post by Guest »

Any views on how all these (especially NFER) compare with the AFN tests 1-4? It's quite hard to get a benchmark.

Post by Guest »

hi guest my son found AFN harder than nfer. he scored 82+/85 in all nfer papers and completed in 50 minutes but he struggled in few AFNs and he said he hated those ones.
patricia

Post by patricia »

Dear Guests

AFN are known to be slightly easier than most publishers. A few of their question types differ from NFER format and of course they contain 100 questions instead of the normal 80.
Publishers for 21 types M/C include The Tutors, Walsh IPS and Bright Sparks

Patricia
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now