VR standard

Advice on 11 Plus VR papers and problems

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
guest111

VR standard

Post by guest111 »

Hi Patricia,

What are the relevant types for VR standard preparation? We are currently following Athey and Susan Daughtrey books. Do we need to cover all the types in these books?

Please help us. Thank you.
patricia

Post by patricia »

Dear Guest111

Which area/school are you applying for? Which publisher writes the tests?

Standard form can sometimes offer different types of questions ie types that do not lend themselves to Multiple Choice.

eg, anagrams, finding numbers taken out of sums, word grids.

Patricia
guest111

Post by guest111 »

Hi Patricia,

Sorry for not including this information earlier.

I am in Hertfordshire and the school said that the test will be from NFER.
We are particularly interested in WGSB, Rickmansworth. Please could you let us know what types are required for this exam?

As I said at present we are preparing from Athey educational and Susan Daughtrey. I am not sure if we are covering all the types or not.
patricia

Post by patricia »

Dear Guest111

Unfortunately I am not an expert for this school. On looking at their website, it suggests that you have/will be sent examples of questions. Have you received these?

If you can post these types I or someone else may be able to point you in the right direction...

http://www.watfordboys.herts.sch.uk/index.htm
Information about the tests (including examples of questions) and details of arrangements will be sent to all applicants under criterion 7. The test date for applicants from the Admission Area is Saturday 24th November 2007.
Patricia