The difference between standard & multiple choice tests (GL)

Advice on 11 Plus VR papers and problems

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Michelle361

The difference between standard & multiple choice tests (GL)

Post by Michelle361 »

We recieved a letter yesterday from our fav. indie, that the test has changed from multiple choice to standard. Test is this Friday and we only practised multi-firmats. Stressed all over now. Can anyone tell me the main differences for VR pls ? It's GL assesment.

Daogroupie

Re: The difference between standard & multiple choice tests

Post by Daogroupie »

I am surprised they were using MC in the first place. All the indies in my area use standard. It simply means you have to write the answer instead of ticking a box. If you know the material it really is not that different but I suggest you do plenty of standard papers in the next few days. DG
equilibro

Post by equilibro »

Unfortunately for you, the die is cast but given the choice I would always opt for MC because it permits tactical guessing when DC is unsure of an answer or just plain baffled.
Hera

Post by Hera »

We practised on both MC and standard GL tests and achieved very similar scores on both. As long as your DC has had sight of a standard paper so that it is not a shock imo it will make very little difference. Quite a number of the standard GL papers give you answer options that effectively mean it is the same as a MC question, not all though. Also multiple choice can instil a false sense of security too.
Michelle361

Post by Michelle361 »

Just popped to WHsmith and had a peep @ the standard tests. Questions were exactly the same, only visual difference i could see what a fill in the question here line ____ as such in a margin.