Verbal Reasoning for CEM

Advice on 11 Plus VR papers and problems

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
workingmom

Verbal Reasoning for CEM

Post by workingmom »

Hi All,

Wanted help in understanding how the verbal reasoning has changed for CEM papers.

I see the books like Susan Daughtrey which cover 35 different types of verbal reasoning types.

Not sure how much is this applicable for CEM papers.
Daogroupie

Re: Verbal Reasoning for CEM

Post by Daogroupie »

Which CEM are you doing?

My advice would be to use CEM specific material. There is plenty of it around. DG
workingmom

Post by workingmom »

We shall be doing Henrietta Barnett School and Bershire schools.

Any specific CEM books you would recommend ?
Kittykon

Post by Kittykon »

Hi,
can any one recommend specific CEM VR how to guide/techniques books. There are many books in the market.
Golden_Jubilee

Post by Golden_Jubilee »

I have referred to different posts on this forum, summarized them to find what type of questions may come. That gave me enough information. Accordingly, I then bought different verbal reasoning books (CGP, Letts, FPTP, Bonds, S&S etc) to confirm my understanding. Some publishers have specific CEM type questions (e.g. CGP, Letts and Bond) and some have good question bank that will help your DD or DS to have a good understanding of English vocab that will help a lot (e.g. S&S Comprehensions, English skill books, First Aid English etc.).

I am going through all books myself now before giving to my DD who will sit CEM 2017 exam for 2018 entry.

One of the books that provides different techniques on CEM verbal is: CGP 11+ Verbal Reasoning Study guide (Amazon Link: https://www.amazon.co.uk/Verbal-Reasoni ... study+book" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;)
Kittykon

Post by Kittykon »

Hi Golden_Jubliee,
Thanks for your reply on VR books, i too have these books in my mind and iam going to order Bonds and CGP. I was wondering about Susan Daughtery books for VR?
My DD also sits for 2017 exam.

Thanks
Kittykon
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now