How do we know which area is our weakest?

Advice on 11 Plus VR papers and problems

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
Buckstrieshard

How do we know which area is our weakest?

Post by Buckstrieshard »

I have scores for Verbal, Maths and Non-Verbal then they have been standardised and Weighted Standardised but what are the scores out of? How do I know which area let us down this year? :?:

Can someone please from Bucks who gained the 121 or above score please give me an idea on marks achieved for each section ?
Blue_Marigold

Re: How do we know which area is our weakest?

Post by Blue_Marigold »

Hi,

I don't know about this year but I came across some data on the Bucks cc website which shows pupil level breakdown of overall score plus a breakdown of how they scored in each area.

The data is under the 2015 section here...

http://www.buckscc.gov.uk/education/sch ... statistics" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;.

I hope this helps you.

Blue_Marigold
Guest55

Re: How do we know which area is our weakest?

Post by Guest55 »

Buckstrieshard wrote:I have scores for Verbal, Maths and Non-Verbal then they have been standardised and Weighted Standardised but what are the scores out of? How do I know which area let us down this year? :?:

Can someone please from Bucks who gained the 121 or above score please give me an idea on marks achieved for each section ?
The first set of three numbers is the standardised score in that section - ideally each would be 121 ...

The next three are the weighted scores VR is 50% so should be half of the first VR score, etc.

Why don't you post the numbers and we can identify what they are saying? Alternatively I am happy for you to PM me.