VR and Medway

Advice on 11 Plus VR papers and problems

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
Namorth

VR and Medway

Post by Namorth »

I see the list for the different VR question types and areas but nothing listed for Medway. We have been doing CEM practice papers. Should we still focus on the different IPS types or just go with the idea that CEM is different?
scary mum

Re: VR and Medway

Post by scary mum »

I'm not from your area so can't confirm if this is up to date, but have you seen this page? https://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/schoo ... ay-11-plus" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
scary mum
Namorth

Post by Namorth »

Yes thanks but it doesn't really help as it just says VR. I know it's CEM and multiple choice so is far more language based and has comprehension passages in the VR test, as well as jumbled up sentences, but was wondering what other question types are likely to pop up. Medway doesn't seem to exist on the VR question types page.
Guest55

Post by Guest55 »

It's CEM so it could be anything ..
scary mum

Post by scary mum »

Namorth wrote:Yes thanks but it doesn't really help as it just says VR. I know it's CEM and multiple choice so is far more language based and has comprehension passages in the VR test, as well as jumbled up sentences, but was wondering what other question types are likely to pop up. Medway doesn't seem to exist on the VR question types page.
It says GL administered by NFER & gives links to practice materials (again, I have no idea if this is up to date).
PS you might get more responses if you post in the Medway regional section.
scary mum
olucares

Post by olucares »

scary mum wrote:
Namorth wrote:Yes thanks but it doesn't really help as it just says VR. I know it's CEM and multiple choice so is far more language based and has comprehension passages in the VR test, as well as jumbled up sentences, but was wondering what other question types are likely to pop up. Medway doesn't seem to exist on the VR question types page.
It says GL administered by NFER & gives links to practice materials (again, I have no idea if this is up to date).

Medway has now changed to CEM. Last year, the VR section had shuffled sentences, antonyms, synonyms, comprehension and cloze.
Namorth

Post by Namorth »

olucares wrote:
scary mum wrote:

Medway has now changed to CEM. Last year, the VR section had shuffled sentences, antonyms, synonyms, comprehension and cloze.
Thanks. That's what we thought so will continue working on those.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now