Vocab resource

Advice on 11 Plus VR papers and problems

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
Eromdap

Vocab resource

Post by Eromdap »

An advert flashed up on my facebook feed for a word of the day flip card thingy. It was brightly coloured and illustrated with cartoons that demonstrated the meaning of the word. On further investigation the product and related products were aimed at schools as whole packs of stuff, including wall charts and the cheapest purchase price was £75. There appeared to be no other purchase outlets and this price is way beyond the realms of myself, a simple DIYer that cannot afford a tutor. Has anyone come across anything similar? We find simple flashcards too dry, dull and boring. Books are lovely and being constantly read in my house, but it would be nice to supplement with a fun and memorable way of learning other words.
scary mum

Re: Vocab resource

Post by scary mum »

Freerice used to be recommended, I don't know if it's still considered useful though - we used it when my children did their 11 plus some years ago. It's an on line game where rice is donated to developing countries when you get a question right. From memory it is multiple choice vocabulary. Not flash cards, I'm afraid!
scary mum
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now