Harder VR Books/Papers

Advice on 11 Plus VR papers and problems

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
Portman1

Harder VR Books/Papers

Post by Portman1 »

Could someone point me in the direction of harder VR style books/papers?

My eldest daughter sat a VR exam as part of an independent school entrance exams and said it was far harder than all of the Bond, CGP past papers that I had bought her to practice on. I have another daughter taking the same exam later in the year so want to buy some harder materials but have no idea what to get.

Does anyone know the difficulty ranking of the various books/papers available?

Thank you.
Bambi 175

Re: Harder VR Books/Papers

Post by Bambi 175 »

We found AE books harder as they are for age 9-12 so certainly as you get towards the back they are harder, beyond the 11 plus expectations anyway in my opinion.
TheMadness

Re: Harder VR Books/Papers

Post by TheMadness »

Bambi 175 wrote:We found AE books harder as they are for age 9-12 so certainly as you get towards the back they are harder, beyond the 11 plus expectations anyway in my opinion.
Can anyone share their views on the AE books/papers for VR (same co-authors as The Tutors series). Do they go up in level of difficulty as you progress through the series, or just within each book (ie Test 1 starting off easy with Test 39 being the most difficult?). Are the 4 x test packs all at the same level?

I’ve also noticed they have some different question types - would these be required for GL VR tests (DAO, Latymer and SW Herts)?

Wondering where to start with DD. She’s completed the Susan Daughtry Bright Sparks test pack, and some very focused practice has led to a considerable improvement in scores, just in case anyone is in need of some motivation (I was in serious despair a few weeks ago)!