Bright Sparks Paper 6 Q23

Advice on 11 Plus VR papers and problems

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
Marylou

Bright Sparks Paper 6 Q23

Post by Marylou »

Did anyone else spot the fact that there are two possible answers to the following Type E (hidden word) question?

"The man wore a flat hat."

DD was caught out because she picked the one that wasn't on the answer sheet, but I let her have it anyway as it was a perfectly valid response.

Answers on a postcard... :)
Marylou
Drastic Dad

Post by Drastic Dad »

Are 'Them' and 'That' correct answers? I am usually as dispassionate as a computerised marking machine when it comes to marking papers. If it matches the 'official' answer, it goes, everything else stops. This is an exception though.
Marylou

Post by Marylou »

Drastic Dad wrote:Are 'Them' and 'That' correct answers? I am usually as dispassionate as a computerised marking machine when it comes to marking papers. If it matches the 'official' answer, it goes, everything else stops. This is an exception though.
Yes, I agree - the "official" answer is "that" but DD has been taught to work through the options methodically, therefore she picked up on "them" first and went straight on to the next question.

I would hope that the pool of questions for the real exams has been checked over so thoroughly that this kind of thing can't possibly happen in an actual test. :?
Marylou