Question to Partricia

Advice on 11 Plus VR papers and problems

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now

Question to Partricia

Post by Guest »

Hi Patricia

As a parent I have started to worry now. My son is born end of October therefore what kind of marks should he be scoring in the familiration pack sent by Bucks and the Bright Sparks Pack ? He usually gets the coding from numbers to word questions in a pickle ? Any Advise ?

Many Thanks Patricia

patricia

Post by patricia »

Dear Guest

Your child needs to be scoring in the region of 86% thats 69/80. Has he completed all the practice tests in school yet?

The code question. will answer this evening when I have more time.

Have you looked at the Bucks section further down the front page of the forum?

Patricia

Coding of the form HELP ELSE PUSH HEEL
2352 1223 4651

If you look for patterns in the words, you will find identical patterns in the numbers

EE occurs in HEEL

and 22 occurs in HEEL

Therefore E=2

By substituting E for 2 you are able to work out all the other letters from the number patterns.

Try creating your own coding questions, if you know how to put them together it will help you to understand how they can be worked out.

Many Thanks

Post by Guest »

Hi Patricia

He has done all the familarisation papers - however as he is born in October therefore I thought he would need to get very high marks to get through. We will work through CD1 as well.

Many Thanks

Gaz

Post by Gaz »

Hi Patricia,

Do you have any lists of words for the types that might appear next week like u have for the compound words thanks