tutor papers number 8 Qu 30

Advice on 11 Plus VR papers and problems

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now

tutor papers number 8 Qu 30

Post by Guest »

question 30 on tutors paper 8 code one: if the code for NOBODY is MLYLWB what is the code for PAMPER?
Answers are
MXJMBA
MKBJAB
MXJMOB
MXJMBO
MOXJBO
is this a misprint should it be KZNKVI?
Lew

Post by Lew »

Hi

I have worked it out and I get the same answer as you do.

-KZNKVI. There must be a misprint
Arti

Post by Arti »

I've checked my copy of this questions which is in the downloaded E paper - and the answer is shown as KZNKVI - which is correct.

The answer options are not the ones you mention.

May be you have purchased the book which is an older version?

Post by Guest »

thanks for reply, glad to know i've not been driven mad by vr
Mike Edwards

Post by Mike Edwards »

Hi

I'll try to explain the difference between the published papers and the e-papers.

The published papers were printed earlier this year after undergoing a series of proof readings. Despite this a couple of errors appear to have gone undetected and a short erratum is currently being prepared. The next print run shortly will obviously address these issues.

The e-papers contain the same questions as the published papers. Because there are no printing costs, on our part, the e-papers cost 50% less than the published papers to purchase.

Due to the nature of e-papers, they can be amended instantly. Consequently the e-papers now contain a near perfect set of questions, answer sheets and marking schemes.

Why purchase physical papers if they contain a couple of errors and are more expensive? The physical papers have been created to closely replicate the real test, due to the software that creates e-paper answer sheets there is a difference between the physical papers and the e-papers.

Keeping things into perspective the industry standard for errors in question sets is 15 per 1,000 questions after proof reading. Ours is significantly less.

Regards

Mike

Post by Guest »

understand Mike, my son found error so i'm chuffed as he sits exam in a few weeks.All the hard work must be paying off!
Thea

Post by Thea »

With questions of this type it is essential to be able to write down the workings - any advice on whether it is allowed to write on the question paper (presumably not the answer paper if it is to be electronically marked) - or is scrap paper provided?
mamy thanks
best regards,
T
Best Regards,
Thea
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now