Travel to Sutton Grammar School from Purley/Coulsdon

Eleven Plus (11+) in Surrey (Sutton, Kingston and Wandsworth)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

SuttonDad17

Travel to Sutton Grammar School from Purley/Coulsdon

Post by SuttonDad17 »

Can anybody let me know how the commute will be to SGS from Purley or Coulsdon area.
Are there any coach services or we need to rely only on public transport?

Thanks
whichwitch

Re: Travel to Sutton Grammar School from Purley/Coulsdon

Post by whichwitch »

https://tfl.gov.uk/plan-a-journey/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
SuttonDad17

Post by SuttonDad17 »

Not public transport but I am looking for any private school coaches available in these area for daily commute
streathammum

Post by streathammum »

I haven't seen anyone discussing private transport to SGS - I think most people use public transport, but I could be wrong. Your best bet may be to ask the school whether it's aware of any of its boys using a private coach.

Is this for September 2017 start?
SuttonDad17

Post by SuttonDad17 »

Hi strethammum, I am still in the waiting list and considering the areas to move to Sutton if I am offerred a place.
I saw in another thread you have accepted the offer for your DS, congratulations.
Can you please let me know which area will be better for a easy commute to SGS and for good primary schools?
Thanks
streathammum

Post by streathammum »

Crikey, I'm afraid I don't know. We're in Streatham so not especially easy for Sutton (although totally great for absolutely everything else!) - in fact, our distance from Sutton was one of the reasons we took so long to decide whether to accept the place.
SuttonDad17

Post by SuttonDad17 »

Thanks for your response streathammum. Will check with school but first we need to be offerred a place :D
ToadMum

Post by ToadMum »

SuttonDad17 wrote:Not public transport but I am looking for any private school coaches available in these area for daily commute
Is there a particular reason why not public transport? Are you a very long way from a station or a bus route?
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
Moon unit

Post by Moon unit »

I've never heard of anyone using private transport to SGS.
It's so well located for transport links I don't think there would be any need.
Catlady

Post by Catlady »

Sutton Dad,
I believe the No. 166 from Purley to Banstead and then pick up the S1 to Sutton Library and walk across to Sutton Grammar. If you are moving to Sutton, the SM2 and SM1 postcodes are generally closer with maybe a short bus journey - again the S1 bus service and S3, S4 service a lot of the area. Most of the primary schools in the Sutton area are very good - 'The Avenue Academy' in Belmont is the biggest of these but you need to be living very close to the school to get a place. Check on London Borough of Sutton's primary schools http://www.sutton.gov.uk/info/200439/sc ... hool_place" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;.
Our DS is yr 8 now and we are very happy with the ethos of SGS - 2 older DS' having previously attended the school - Hope your DS gets a place

Catlady
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now