SET 2017

Eleven Plus (11+) in Surrey (Sutton, Kingston and Wandsworth)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

MumPran

Re: SET 2017

Post by MumPran »

Thanks for the replies. My bad, I didn't realise there may be kids taking the test later too. Fingers crossed.
totatoti

Post by totatoti »

The maths was harder than the Sutton mock tests - mainly due to time pressure with many questions requiring multiple step calculation before you could derive the final answer - this is what my son appeared to tell me. He finished the maths having only 2 minutes left but found out later on one answer was wrong (at least :)) after finishing the test. The question relates to the use of wallpaper...

English appeared easy so he finished the test having 20 mins left. He did spend time checking again and found a few mistakes (I am sure there would be more but difficult to find your own mistake).
BlueBells

Post by BlueBells »

My son informed us the same, he felt Maths paper was easier than the English paper ;content removed by moderator and had randomly chosen the answers for three of them as he couldn't understand the questions.There was hardly a minute left after the review.

He felt English was harder for him (except the comprehension section - He read the entire book already; so understood the context of the passage ) ; managed to complete the English test 20 mins earlier and did two rounds of review.But he wasn't feeling the same confidence level as the Maths paper. fingers crossed.
worriedmad

Post by worriedmad »

does anyone know when is the test next week for first round?
Golden75

Post by Golden75 »

worriedmad wrote:does anyone know when is the test next week for first round?
I presume you mean the 2nd round (1st round, the SET, was yesterday)? The 2nd round is on Saturday 30th.