Tiffin and NonSuch / Wallington Girls tests - newbie here!

Eleven Plus (11+) in Surrey (Sutton, Kingston and Wandsworth)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
zilin1712

Tiffin and NonSuch / Wallington Girls tests - newbie here!

Post by zilin1712 »

Can anyone give me an indication what time these tests are? Based on previous years, will it be in the morning or afternoon?
Also, are they all GL assessments? Any tips on best workbooks to use? I'm using Bonds at the moment but am told that CGP is better? Hope to get some pearls of wisdom from the veterans on this site :D
scary mum

Re: Tiffin and NonSuch / Wallington Girls tests - newbie her

Post by scary mum »

I'm not from your area, but you might find this section useful:
https://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/schoo ... ey-11-plus" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
scary mum
squareofthewicket

Post by squareofthewicket »

zilin1712 wrote:Can anyone give me an indication what time these tests are? Based on previous years, will it be in the morning or afternoon?
Also, are they all GL assessments? Any tips on best workbooks to use? I'm using Bonds at the moment but am told that CGP is better? Hope to get some pearls of wisdom from the veterans on this site :D
Both the tests, Tiffin Girls and Sutton SET (for NonSuch/Wallington) have morning as well as afternoon sittings. There are just too many candidates sitting the tests to be accommodated by the schools in a single session.

Both set their own papers, so the format can be anything they like, although last year's format was closer to the GL style.

We used First Past the Post and Schofield & Sims for English and CGP/11+ for Maths.
zilin1712

Post by zilin1712 »

Thank you so much.
I guess we will wait for the exact time from the schools.
Not long more to go now! Trying to do as much as we can over the summer holidays to keep the momentum going :)
RuedeWakening

Post by RuedeWakening »

Good luck! On the day, make sure you leave plenty of time for travel and parking, it gets incredibly busy on local roads, and the parking warden is usually out and about with a glint in his eye!

When DD did the SET at WHSG last year, it started slightly late due to the time it took to get all the children into place. She had a morning session, we walked up and were in the queue by 8.20 and were nowhere near the front, goodness knows what time the queuing started.
squareofthewicket

zilin1712 wrote:Thank you so much.
Not long more to go now! Trying to do as much as we can over the summer holidays to keep the momentum going :)
Good luck to your DD.
zilin1712

Post by zilin1712 »

squareofthewicket wrote:
zilin1712 wrote:Thank you so much.
Good luck to your DD.
Thank you! I hope she makes it to the 2nd round!
zilin1712

Post by zilin1712 »

RuedeWakening wrote:Good luck! On the day, make sure you leave plenty of time for travel and parking, it gets incredibly busy on local roads, and the parking warden is usually out and about with a glint in his eye!

When DD did the SET at WHSG last year, it started slightly late due to the time it took to get all the children into place. She had a morning session, we walked up and were in the queue by 8.20 and were nowhere near the front, goodness knows what time the queuing started.
Wow good to know. Might need to take public transport; parking sounds really tricky!
Hope your DD got into the school of her choice!
squareofthewicket

The side roads around TGS have very limited parking and on the day of the test, these would be busier than usual.
Better to park in the Seven Kings Car park and walk to the school.

For NonSuch, you can use the car park in the Park next to the school. There is a small door from the park to enter the school which is very convenient.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now