Best approach to prep for Tiffin

Eleven Plus (11+) in Surrey (Sutton, Kingston and Wandsworth)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Mommythree

Best approach to prep for Tiffin

Post by Mommythree »

Hello, I am new to the whole 11+ test prep and did not grow up in this country. Furthermore, we have been home educating. We live near to Tiffin School and I’d like to prepare DS for their exams. I’ve browsed the boards and site and it seems to me that
1) Tiffin only do math and English, not vr or nvr, so I can focus on these two subjects,
2) the consensus is that the best home mock exams are those blue packs from exam papers plus,
3) there is a wide variety of practice material of varying levels of difficulty, bond is too easy, GL and CGP and FPTP are highly rated by many.
Does this seem right? Have I missed anything? What is a good ‘pre-test’ to check for weakness and identify where we need to work hardest? Any opinions on which test papers are best for practice?
Thank you.
Daogroupie

Re: Best approach to prep for Tiffin

Post by Daogroupie »

What year is your dd in?

Have you started any preparation work yet?

How does she feel about going to school after being home educated?

It will be a big change for her. DG
scary mum

Post by scary mum »

Welcome to the forum!
Have you looked at these pages? They are for 2019 entry so you need to double check that nothing has changed, but you should find some useful information there. There are lots of people on here with experience of Tiffin & I'm sure they will be along to help you out soon.
scary mum
vali2019

Post by vali2019 »

Can anyone PM me any private tutors in and around Twickenham, Hounslow or Kingston
Just a quick reminder, as the poster requests, PM only please.

We try to keep the forum as safe as possible - we don't allow tutors or tutoring organisations (other than school/PTA and non-commercial organisations) to be openly recommended, because it attracts posts with fake recommendations ('dodgy' advertising solely designed to solicit business on the internet).
It is also not unknown for unscrupulous competitors to 'plant' negative posts, seeking to denigrate the opposition!

Genuine recommendations from forum members by PM only (private message) are permitted - but be aware of the possibility that someone who appears to be a 'helpful parent' offering advice may not be all they seem! There could be an ulterior motive.

Always treat recommendations from unknown persons with great caution.
However, we have many long standing members - check carefully the date of joining and number of posts - who make a very valuable contribution to the forum. If you receive a private recommendation from one of them, it could be worth considering.

Please let us know if you think anyone is abusing the system by soliciting for business or 'spamming'.
It's easy to report a possible problem - just click on the red exclamation mark that appears with every post and PM: Image

Note:
  • • Institutional Course details can be found here

• Intensive Holiday Courses can be found here
Kind regards

ForumAdmin
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now