NonSuch High Offer holders information

Eleven Plus (11+) in Surrey (Sutton, Kingston and Wandsworth)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Saksa

NonSuch High Offer holders information

Post by Saksa »

Hello parents of girls going to NonSuch year 7 September 2021 and congratulations to your daughter.

I am trying to know if I am up to date. So after being offered the first choice which we gladly accepted, the school sent us email to fill the offer acceptance form. Form was returned way before deadline and since no news.
I don’t want contact the school as they are probably very busy but I wonder if any of you got more communications from school? I may being very eager. A friend of mine whose child go into another grammar school got letters and information already from the school.
Thanks in advance for any reply
Hmmm

Re: NonSuch High Offer holders information

Post by Hmmm »

Hi! The same situation with Wallington girls: it was offered as a first choice, accepted, acceptance form returned way before the deadline and... nothing from the school. I emailed them asking to confirm they received the acceptance form, they replied they could not do it, but if not received they would contact all parents with outstanding replies. That's it for now
Saksa

Post by Saksa »

Thanks Hmmm. This is reassuring that we are on the same boat. I got worried a bit when friend’s kid got her house name and other info. It is a difficult time for schools after lockdown. It is good to connect with other parents from the area though. Maybe we can use this post for any update please?
Hmmm

Post by Hmmm »

Has anyone got any communication (email/letter) from Wallington girls/Nonsuch with information for new students?
Golden75

Post by Golden75 »

Nothing yet from Wally girls, but there's probably still some uncertainty around whether they will be able to hold their induction day onsite this year. That said, my DS got a big fat envelope from his 6th form college today with new starter onsite days planned for the summer.

I am hopeful that our DD's will be able to go onsite for their induction, even if the school has to do it over several days in smaller groups. A zoom induction day just isn't the same.
Saksa

Post by Saksa »

Usually, you get a welcome letter or something similar from the new school. Although it was many years ago for my son at another grammar school, we got forms to fill with contact details and they asked birth certificate etc straight after we accepted the place. Did anyone got any forms to fill?
LdS

Post by LdS »

For Wilson's we've already received the form to confirm acceptance, then followed 2 weeks later by the Admissions forms (contact details etc).

Sounds like each school handles the paperwork in different ways.

If you've sent in the acceptance form then Im sure they will be in contact (For the Wilson's process they confirmed with me that if they hadnt received the acceptance form they would have called up to chase)
confusedsw

Post by confusedsw »

Any update regarding induction from non such school yet, still waiting
Saksa

Post by Saksa »

confusedsw wrote:Any update regarding induction from non such school yet, still waiting
Not really. We haven’t heard either. Hopefully from next week after holidays. Otherwise I would contact the school.
Hmmm

Post by Hmmm »

Any news re Induction day/new students info?
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now