Travelling wallington girls from hounslow

Eleven Plus (11+) in Surrey (Sutton, Kingston and Wandsworth)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
Menu1980

Travelling wallington girls from hounslow

Post by Menu1980 »

Hi, my daughter got an offer from Wallington. Does anyone travel there from Hounslow.
streathammum

Re: Travelling wallington girls from hounslow

Post by streathammum »

Hounslow to Wallington is a very long journey. TfL journey planner suggests a journey of nearly two hours involving two buses and two trains, which is clearly not sustainable. There may be slightly better options depending on exactly where you are in Hounslow but it will certainly be a long, difficult trip.

How did you think your daughter would get to the school when you applied for it? Have your circumstances or the transport options changed?

It's not too late to put yourself on the waiting list for a school closer to you. Otherwise I'd think about moving closer to Wallington.
Oneoftwothings

Post by Oneoftwothings »

I agree about the journey. Most adults wouldn’t do that commute. It’s too dependent on traffic (if on coach) or connections (public transport). Your DD would need to be on her way by 6.45am at the latest to feel confident of getting to school on time and still not be sure/feel rushed. Not a nice way to start the day.
rocky

Post by rocky »

I agree with all the previous replies. This is not a journey you would want your child to do for the next 7 years. If your daughter/you want Wallington the best solution is to move closer.
Dad201920

Post by Dad201920 »

My daughter would start sixth form at Wallington this Sep. There is a coach being planned from Hounslow/feltham to Sutton Grammar. I plan to use this coach and may be the coach can go further to wallington (addn 10 mins). Let us know if you are interested to give this a trial.
RuedeWakening

Post by RuedeWakening »

Dad201920 wrote:My daughter would start sixth form at Wallington this Sep. There is a coach being planned from Hounslow/feltham to Sutton Grammar. I plan to use this coach and may be the coach can go further to wallington (addn 10 mins). Let us know if you are interested to give this a trial.
It's a fair bit longer than 10 minutes from Sutton Grammar to Wallington Girls to get there in time for an 8.25am start - I'd be allowing more like 30 minutes, because there's a pinch point at the Windsor Castle junction in Carshalton that is often backed up at rush hour times.
NathanJ

Post by NathanJ »

RuedeWakening wrote:
Dad201920 wrote:My daughter would start sixth form at Wallington this Sep. There is a coach being planned from Hounslow/feltham to Sutton Grammar. I plan to use this coach and may be the coach can go further to wallington (addn 10 mins). Let us know if you are interested to give this a trial.
It's a fair bit longer than 10 minutes from Sutton Grammar to Wallington Girls to get there in time for an 8.25am start - I'd be allowing more like 30 minutes, because there's a pinch point at the Windsor Castle junction in Carshalton that is often backed up at rush hour times.

I've driven from Wimbledon to Wallington every day for work for the past 14 years.

There is a small pinch point as mentioned above, but the traffic does flow and it probably adds 5-7 mins to the journey. So it would take 15-17 mins, not 30
Three little pigs

Post by Three little pigs »

Does the planning coach route pass Kingston and anywhere closer? We are in Kingston, will start Wallington girl year 7 this September. Thanks
Moon unit

Post by Moon unit »

Must agree to differ here.
Wally girls to Sutton Grammar would need 30 min to be certain to make it for morning drop offs.
I do that route each morning.
It can be very busy.
Worst on Tuesday because it’s bin day!
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now