Tiffin Boys waiting list

Eleven Plus (11+) in Surrey (Sutton, Kingston and Wandsworth)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

bridge

Re: Tiffin Boys waiting list

Post by bridge »

Wimbles wrote: There just seems to be a glut around the 100 point mark this year for the boys.
I think there's always a glut around the 100 mark as that is the flat part of the distribution curve. One wrong question can separate a large number of candidates. Although people are saying covid is having an impact on places, I'm not sure the net effect is any different. Your best bet is to look at the historical movement as I don't think it's going to be hugely different.
rayoflight2021

Post by rayoflight2021 »

Hi all
Not posted before but we have today declined a Tiffin offer from the waiting list (offer came yesterday evening). My son's score was 100.
Hope that comes as welcome news to whoever is next on the list.
rayoflight2021

Post by rayoflight2021 »

His WL position when the email came out in March was 16
Gs2017

Post by Gs2017 »

Today we got the offer email from council and we are pleased to accept it. Good luck to all others who are waiting. Thanks
ksrkuk

Post by ksrkuk »

Just now I spoke with admission dept as per revised WL my boy on 28 position. School said hardly move few position from now.
ExplodingCarrots

Post by ExplodingCarrots »

We were 17 on the 7th June, I haven't checked since because their statement was the same. Very little change at this stage.
Wimbles

Post by Wimbles »

Watching this thread with interest - one of the boys in our school did just have an offer so there is still movement.
kath001

Post by kath001 »

Any idea what was his WL @Wimbles?
kath001

Post by kath001 »

@Wimbles got update from school and WL moved to 17, which doesn’t look particularly promising, but you never know….
Wimbles

Post by Wimbles »

Has anyone had any further updates?

I spoke to someone yesterday who said he knew of one family holding onto a Tiffin and Hampton offer...I think there's a bit of that about, so I am thinking a few offers may come through early in September once people have made up their minds!