SET result Sept21 - Wallington girls

Eleven Plus (11+) in Surrey (Sutton, Kingston and Wandsworth)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
Qdose

SET result Sept21 - Wallington girls

Post by Qdose »

Am I the only one finding this wait a little too long? We need to know the result of the first SET exam to sit the second exam for this coming Saturday.

If you have experience going through this, can you share? I hope the result doesn't come out a day before the second one :D
Oneoftwothings

Re: SET result Sept21 - Wallington girls

Post by Oneoftwothings »

We’ll get an email tomorrow.
I agree it’s very soon before the next test, but we aren’t doing any more prep anyway so I’m looking forward to it being over!
Samurai

Post by Samurai »

No you are not the only one :D We all are in the samr boat and scouting this forum to find solace during this waiting period. All the best to all of us waiting. Almost feels like the waiting time 10+ years back :lol: ...
Qdose

Post by Qdose »

Thanks oneofwothing, only a few hours to go :D

@Samurai, you are absolutely spot on. My DD can't wait to see the result.
2020D2022S

Post by 2020D2022S »

For those in anticipation of results, this is what you will see in your email

Dear ....

SELECTIVE ELIGIBILITY TEST – test_date
Candidate_name, dob
Candidate Number: 210xxxxx

The papers from the Selective Eligibility Test held on (test date) have now been marked.

SUMMARY OF OUTCOMES for candidate name:-
Greenshaw High School – has met selective standard
School A and School B – has qualified for the joint second stage test

IT IS IMPORTANT THAT YOU READ THE FURTHER DETAIL BELOW..
and so on.

You will see the actual SINGLE final mark after stage 2 test only.
“Sometimes I remain silent. Sometimes I don't. I don't know which I enjoy more”.(lifted)
2020D2022S

Post by 2020D2022S »

This is the text of second stage result from 2019 (with actual mark zeroed out).

Nonsuch and Wallington Second Stage Entrance Examination

date

Dear ....

CANDIDATE NAME CANDIDATE NUMBER: ****

I am pleased to inform you that (candidate name) has been deemed to be of selective ability in the second stage entrance tests held recently. You should be aware that this letter does not represent an offer of a place at School A or School B but is simply a notification of (the candidate's) results in the entrance tests; it is to inform you that (the candidate) has been deemed to be of selective ability.

To be deemed of selective ability, candidates must pass all three parts of the tests (SET, the second stage Maths paper and the second stage English paper with each of these three elements carrying equal weight). (The candidate's) total score in these tests - along with both the highest and lowest total scores - is shown in the table below. All scores shown include an age standardisation. No further information about (the candidate's) results will be made available.

Candidate's standardised total score 000
Highest standardised total score which passed 000
Lowest standardised total score which passed 000

Of the 1059 candidates who sat the second stage entrance examinations, 940 passed all three components and are therefore eligible for one of the 210 places available at School A and/or one of the 210 places available at School B for the September 2020 entry.
“Sometimes I remain silent. Sometimes I don't. I don't know which I enjoy more”.(lifted)
Qdose

Post by Qdose »

Thank you 2020D2022S, can we expect to get the email by midnight or later in the day?
Oneoftwothings

Post by Oneoftwothings »

I received my son’s SET results at 10:14am one week after the exam 2 years ago. It won’t necessarily be the same time of course, but I would expect it during the working day.
2020D2022S

Post by 2020D2022S »

2019 Stage 1 test date 17 Sept, result 24 Sept, email timestamp: 11:02 AM.
jxp

Post by jxp »

Is the email sent to all candidates or only the eligible for 2nd round test candidates?