Likely timing of second stage results (Nonsuch/Wallington)

Eleven Plus (11+) in Surrey (Sutton, Kingston and Wandsworth)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

surreys

Re: Likely timing of second stage results (Nonsuch/Wallingto

Post by surreys »

Dear all - I am moving into epsom & ewell council coming week (from kingston council).
Since I started the school admission within Kingston's eAdmissions portal and try to change address, getting error message -
''The address cannot be changed. You now live in a different Local Authority. Please contact the Admissions Service for your old address who can help you."

Could someone advise if I need to start new application with Epsom&Ewell council OR follow up with Kingston council for change of address - thanks in advance!
ToadMum

Post by ToadMum »

I would contact your current LA - as the message suggests you do - first thing on Monday if you need to phone them, or send an email now / use the 'contact us' link, if that is the LA's preferred method.

It may be that if you haven't already submitted the application via your current authority, you can just start again in your new one. Will you be able to provide the requisite proof of address by the 31st?

If you have already submitted your application, it may be that your current LA transfers your application to the new one.

Changes of address, whether within or between areas, always have to be notified on writing to the school admissions team at the local authority (and proof provided if requested), not just changed by the parents themselves.
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
surreys

Post by surreys »

Many thanks @ToadMum for taking time to respond.
Yes indeed I have written to my current LA whom only respond by emails and do'nt take phone calls.
Correct, I am yet to submit my application into eAdmissions portal (which I believe is admissions central website for London schools) and yes I shall be able to provide my rental contract agreement signed by 30 Oct to LA.
I am not sure if my current address can be used for eAdmissions portal submission or do I wait for my current LA to change the address!
Dad22&25

Post by Dad22&25 »

surreys wrote:My daughter's score is 306 & we are OOC
However there is a mention of 'Lowest total standardised score which passed' is 217 in todays result email - I.e. at 217, child can be offered a seat if staying (Say) next to school/ looked after/ pupil premium?
Historical data for OOC 85 seats I get the impression this score may not get a seat or should one take a chance - advise appreciated!
Great work by your DD - it's a great achievement to meet the selective threshold!

Yes, in principle 217 could get offered a spot, but is unlikely based on previous years - more DD's meet the selective criteria than the available spaces for admission.

From your question, you're looking at Nonsuch, and the lowest score for OOC were 317, 299 & 312 for 2019, 2020 and 2021 respectively http://www.nonsuchschool.org/uploads/as ... scores.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;. If this year's scores and distribution match previous years, it may be close but possible (especially if you consider the 2020 score).

I think it's worth taking a chance on Nonsuch with that score. If WHSG is an option for you (commuting, preference etc.), based on your DD's score she has a better chance of getting a spot there - if not on offer day, before September entry based on previous years' scores https://www.wallingtongirls.sutton.sch. ... pdf?pid=14" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
ary

Post by ary »

can anyone guide me is there any possibility to know what would be the lowest out of catchment score for nonsuch for 2022 entry before the national offer day?