Tiffin - Surrey Comet

Eleven Plus (11+) in Surrey (Sutton, Kingston and Wandsworth)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
Jelly

Tiffin - Surrey Comet

Post by Jelly »

Extraordinary how Tiffin is just interested in exam results and not support of students did you see the Surrey Comet? The school is in such financial turmoil what difference will cutting a careers post and a learning support assistant in the bigger scheme of things? I am wondering if I have made the right decision in accepting Tiffin for my son in September :twisted:
dd
allegra

Post by allegra »

What makes everyone think Tiffin is just an exam factory / only interested in results? Given the ability of the boys, the results are arguably not that good, and the no homework policy certainly won't have contributed to exam success. It'll be interesting to see this year's results. Don't worry, though, because I'm sure the new head will sort that out.
Jelly

Post by Jelly »

I hope so. The results have improved in GCSE only because they do modules in GCSE science at different times during their GCSE time so obviously can score higher overall than if they sat them all at once in year 11.
dd
Jelly

Post by Jelly »

The new head seems good and is well recognised as having lead a good school in the Slough area - that is the best news so far - but why redundancies of key staff ?
dd
Guest55

Post by Guest55 »

Jelly - most schools do their Sciences like this - one in Year 10 (Biol, Chem, Phy) then second in Jan and last in Year 11
Jelly

Post by Jelly »

That's right most do and now Tiffin is in line with them and the science results have gone up and so the results have gone up - can't make it much clearer :P
dd