Dates for this Year

Eleven Plus (11+) in Surrey (Sutton, Kingston and Wandsworth)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
Wish Upon A Star

Mission Impossible {?}

Post by Wish Upon A Star »

Hi Sleepless....It didn't go as well as you hoped then I presume ? So sorry to hear that. :cry:

You just never know the out come until that 'brown envelope' arrives do you? Just hope you and your child have somehow managed to reamin positive and optimistic even though it was the result you wanted.

Wish Upon A Star.
Wish Upon A Star

Spelling & typing error

Sleepless....that should be 'remain positive' and ' wasn't the result you wanted'! Sorry about that....my own stress is beginning to show I think. :oops:
sleepless

Post by sleepless »

It's interesting really. Two in grammer school and one in a comprehensive. However, the comp is a very good one. Enthused the comp child by saying that they should see the situation as a challenge. They should now go all out to beat the grammer educated siblings and I think it is going to work. Comp child is very positive and having been told "no" by the grammar, seeks to ensure that they can write and say "up yours" (or words to that effect) in a few years time when GCSE results (or whatever they are by then) have come out.

It was hard telling child that they would not be allowed to go to same school as siblings though. Got over it by saying all the positive things we could about alternative school and, as I say, it is a really good one so we are very lucky.
James

Post by James »

Hi Sleepless and W-U-A-S,

Completely agree that a good comp is a godsend and would have supported daughter if she wanted to go to the local one (about which we get very mixed opinions). Much of the success of Grammars is a direct consequence of supportive parenting (a better indicator of kids achievement than the school type) but she wants to go for the (exceptionally tough) selectives so I have to support her as best I can on a "let's have go for it, but no matter if it doesn't work out" basis. Keeping that balance is as hard as the Maths!
Wish Upon A Star

Good comps!

Hi Sleepless & James,

I'm pleased Sleepless, that your child is happy and you have the right balance and frame of mind when 'mission impossible' doesn't go to plan. Your positive comments are very encouraging! Thanks.

Our local comp. is very good too fortunately, with higher than average grade A-Cs at GCSE. This is my childs 2nd choice if 'plan A' doesn't work and we have enthused about the prospect of going to a different school as his elder brothers!

Glad that your comp. is a good one too James. It softens the blow a bit knowing that the local comp. is not a borstal afterall doesn't it?

Thank goodness for OFSTED eh? {Maybe not though...having been on the receiving end of an inspection myself}. :roll:
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now