Sutton mock test results are in!

Eleven Plus (11+) in Surrey (Sutton, Kingston and Wandsworth)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
Rosette

Sutton mock test results are in!

Post by Rosette »

For anyone who sat the Sutton mock tests this summer the results have been posted on their website:

http://www.suttongrammar.sutton.sch.uk/ ... ults.shtml

Did anyone taking these mock tests in previous years find the results were indicative of what happened in the real thing? DS definitely found it useful practice.
Rosette
Chelmsford mum

Post by Chelmsford mum »

Hello,
I used to frequent sunny Sutton!
I have a daughter who passed this well and went on to pass but equally knew some pupils who "failed" this by quite a few marks but went on to pass.I think if your child passes or comes fairly close to it, it is a good sign although nothing is certain.So don't give up hope anyone reading this who didn't "pass". :)
SunlampVexesEel

Post by SunlampVexesEel »

Thanks for the pointer.

8) DS got a cool result.
Animis opibusque parati
SunlampVexesEel

Re: Sutton mock test results are in!

Rosette wrote:Did anyone taking these mock tests in previous years find the results were indicative of what happened in the real thing?
DD performed better in the real thing but not by much; we did however put in some extra effort since the mock suggested it might be too close for comfort.
Animis opibusque parati
melinda

Post by melinda »

I feel the whole point of the mock test is to give the child an idea of what it is like to sit an exam under real exam conditions. Do not take the results too seriously.
It is run very seriously and any mistakes made (ie placing answers in the wrong place amongst others) will hopefully never be made again!
Rosette

Post by Rosette »

Yes, I think the mock test is a really good idea and Sutton were very efficient at administering it I thought. DS feels much more confident now.

He "passed" the mock which is encouraging (especially as we don't have a tutor :wink: ) and at least shows we're on the right track.

Surprisingly low mark for maths despite getting v good grade at end of Y5 - just goes to show you really can't rely on state school system!

Thanks SVE and CM for your comments, it's interesting to hear from old-timers.

Would people suggest using the real Wallington and Sutton tests as mocks for Tiffins? Seems a good idea but I don't want to overload DS with too many exams!
Rosette
Echo

Sutton mock test

Post by Echo »

ROSETTE ,thanks for info about the mock test results.
My child got about 330, ( 85% VR,NVR) is it a good result- passed or failed?????
Rosette

Post by Rosette »

Hi Echo

There's a letter that explains the results - it's on the same webpage.

The good news - your child "PASSED"!! :D

The letter says as a guideline the pass mark would be something along the lines of 326.
Rosette
SunlampVexesEel

Re: Sutton mock test

Echo wrote:ROSETTE ,thanks for info about the mock test results.
My child got about 330, ( 85% VR,NVR) is it a good result- passed or failed?????
Yes. That's a good result. Basically puts your DC in the top 300 out of 1300.

i.e. in top 23% of those tested.
Animis opibusque parati
Drastic Dad

Post by Drastic Dad »

My son sat that test. It was very much like the real thing (crowds of different kids, queues, anxiuos parents, problems with parking etc. He scored good marks in it and went on to better his performance and passing all three GS tests he sat with comfort. We didn't tell him beforehand that it was a 'mock' test and let him feel the pressure. They do tell the kids that it is not the real deal once they sit down in the hall. Pressure is part of the 11+ experience and let them learn that it does exist but it needs to be dealt with in suitable manner (rather he feels it and deals with it in a 'mock' test than blow the real test because of this pressure).