Nonsuch test results

Eleven Plus (11+) in Surrey (Sutton, Kingston and Wandsworth)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
Uncle-Sam

Post by Uncle-Sam »

I am out of catchment as well by half a mile.
keepcalmandcarryon

Post by keepcalmandcarryon »

Uncle Sam I would say you DD is in with a chance. Many girls sat the test as a practice for other schools and will put those schools first. Using standardisation if your DD is in about top 13%/14% she is about 170 in rank. However of the girls 169 ahead of her, if 50 go for Tiffins and 50 to Wallington, some even privately, your DD is then in the top 80. It is close but because of the change in test and eary testing date maybe closer than you think. Remember that almost the same 1200 girls will be sitting for the 180 places at Wallington and 120 places at Tiffin.
Giulio

Post by Giulio »

Wallington boys 2 years ago offered places down to rank 350, they have 120 places (we tried there for my DS last year)

By that measure is not implausible that somebody around rank 160-180 will still be in the top 80 at Nonsuch

good luck
DIY Mum3

Post by DIY Mum3 »

Dear all, I've been browsing this website for a while and have used the info to tutor my daughter myself. She managed 233 in the Nonsuch test and we are out of catchment. I would really appreciate feedback from other parents whose daughters took the test also. Were the results as expected, are people still waiting for their results? Any feedback would be gratefully received!!
elevenp_parent

Nonsuch test results

Post by elevenp_parent »

My DD also appeared for the exam and we are still waiting for the results. Keeping our fingres crossed.
Giulio

Post by Giulio »

postal strike in Streatham :evil:
called Nonsuch who politely refused to tell :twisted:
can resist no more, I need to know :cry:
Giulio

Post by Giulio »

probably got 233 like everybody else
DIY Mum3

Post by DIY Mum3 »

Well, my daughter found out today her best friend got 261!! Some really high scores out there!!
Stressypants

Post by Stressypants »

I think Nonsuch should be prepared for a deluge of frustrated/anxious parents on Wednesday morning. We are over in Elmbridge borough and are also waiting.
keepcalmandcarryon

Post by keepcalmandcarryon »

Just to re-assure some people I have just done our CAF and although I thought DD in with a chance of top 80 we have not put it on as 1 hour is too far to travel. We're hoping for Tiffin, and if not, another local school. Remember that within one score distance is used to select the first candidate, so if you are near to the catchment area you will be near the top of that score. Looking at the Sutton Mock results, it is surprising how many children score the same mark. In the tests up to July for example out of about 550 girls 10 scored 239 in VR and NVR, double that for over 1000 girls and you can easily have 20 girls on one score. 2out3's neighbour is I think in with a chance. Just because you are not in the actual top 80 does not mean you won't get a place.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now