Oxted School

Eleven Plus (11+) in Surrey (Sutton, Kingston and Wandsworth)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

mystery

Oxted School

Post by mystery »

If DCs do not get into Kent grammars, or we wanted to cut down on school commute times, this could be an option.

Anyone have a firsthand or secondhand view of this school that is reasonably up to date?
Plum

Post by Plum »

Hi

My nephew is in the 6th form (after not getting the grades to stay on at Wallington) and loves it. He's made new friends and seems to be doing well. He is currently doing his university application forms.

Also, I know several parents who's kids are at Oxted in the lower years and they are all pretty pleased with it. One mum was telling me a few weeks ago that she got a phone call from her DS's french teacher. Naturally mum panicked, thought the worse etc but it turns out teacher was ringing to say how well her daughter was doing and to keep up the good work! Don't know about you, but I was really impressed that a teacher would take the time to do that, especially at at a school as large as Oxted.

Finally, although we are out of the catchment, some of DS's friends have put it down as first or second choice in the hope that they may get in off the waiting list.

Hope this helps!
mystery

Post by mystery »

Thank you for replying. That was really helpful. Anyone else out there in Surrey who knows anything about it?