Late transfer

Eleven Plus (11+) in Surrey (Sutton, Kingston and Wandsworth)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
umaram

Late transfer

Post by umaram »

Hi everyone
I would like to know if anyone has information about possibility for late transfer for Grammar schools in sutton and kingston.
SunlampVexesEel

Post by SunlampVexesEel »

I don't know but I would be interested in knowing how this part of the system works; please post when you find out.
Animis opibusque parati
yoyo123

Post by yoyo123 »

Might this help?

http://www.surreycc.gov.uk/sccwebsite/s ... endocument

if not there are some phone numbers listed there
surreymum

Post by surreymum »

I suspect that document doesn't apply as the grammar schools are not operated by Surrey. The relevant page and document for Sutton would be

http://www.sutton.gov.uk/index.aspx?articleid=563

Depending on how late you are, if it is for entry into year 7 in September I know that Wilsons admissions criteria states you can sit the entrance test at any point and go onto the waiting list in rank order so you could in theory sit it now and if did very well would go to the top of the waiting list which would definitely get a place.

Sorry don't know much more, but I would suggest you ring the schools as they all operate their own admissions criteria.
umaram

Post by umaram »

Thanks yoyo ... there is no details on this site but iam going to call them and i will post what they advice.
mitasol

Post by mitasol »

The details are on page 12 of the admissions booklet.

http://www.sutton.gov.uk/CHttpHandler.ashx?id=6690&p=0

How late applications will be considered up to 1 March 2010
Any application treated as late, for whatever reason, will only be considered after all on time
applications have been processed. This is likely to mean that, for the majority of late applicants,
there will be no vacancies remaining, because most schools will be oversubscribed with on
time applicants. However, there may be some schools that do have vacancies after considering
on time applicants, and we will coordinate offers to these schools, for late applications, based
on the admission criteria for each school. If a school has no vacancies then the child’s name
will be placed on the waiting list for the schools they have applied to, according to their
admission criteria. Please see page 16 for more details.
How late applications will be considered after 1 March 2010
After 1 March 2010 late applications for Sutton schools will be treated the same as on time
applications and any places will be allocated according to each school’s waiting list. Please
see page 16 for more details on waiting lists.
Ring them - because it also will depend on specific circumstances. :D
yoyo123

Post by yoyo123 »

I suspect that document doesn't apply as the grammar schools are not operated by Surrey.
Thanks I hadn;t realised that.
SunlampVexesEel

Post by SunlampVexesEel »

http://www.tiffin.kingston.sch.uk/uploa ... y09-10.pdf
Any late applications received after 11 December 2009 but before 1 March 2010 will be considered after all the on-time applications are processed.
Animis opibusque parati
umaram

Post by umaram »

Thanks guys ... But by the late transfer I ment something like the 12+ tests not late application. I tried calling the schools but I always get the answering mahine. I e- mailed but have not received any reply.I know there are usually some vacancies in year 9 when the students are arranged in small groups for the GCSE. How are those vacancies maintained.
mitasol

Post by mitasol »

Sorry Umaram :(

Each school should have an admissions policy to cover entry in other years and these should be available on the school or LEA website.