11+ exams for Boys Grammar Schools in Sutton

Eleven Plus (11+) in Surrey (Sutton, Kingston and Wandsworth)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
gremlin

11+ exams for Boys Grammar Schools in Sutton

Post by gremlin »

Are the 11+ exams for Wallington, Sutton & Wilsons all much the same standard? I have heard differing reports some say that Sutton is the most difficult others say Wilson's. I have to start thinking about secondary schools and it all looks so stressful.

Many thanks

G
Amoda

Post by Amoda »

In my humble opinion (and my DS who has just been through the process), Wilsons was definitely the toughest. Sutton and Wallington are about the same.
when the process will end

Post by when the process will end »

I believe that one should not think a lot about which one is easy or hard. You can help your DS to prepare for the exams and hope for the best.

Every child will have a different opinion about the exams for various schools.
gremlin

Post by gremlin »

Thank you for your responses. I suppose first thing is to visit the schools on their open days and get a tutor lined up.

G
surreydad2010

Post by surreydad2010 »

I would agree with the above but I think Wilson's is only marginally harder. If you are well prepared then there is no reason not to do well in all three - they are all great schools (I have one at Wilsons, one just going to Wally Boys and I went to Sutton!)
Plum

Post by Plum »

Hi Gremlin

Welcome to the forum!

DS didn't sit for Sutton so I can't comment on that but I think the hardest thing was keeping the motivation going for the 4 months between WCGS & Wilson's. Fortunately (IMO) for your DS, the exams have been moved for next year and are much closer together - having it right after Xmas was really tough for DS as we had family over from Oz (all very bad timing! :roll: ). However, some may consider this a disadvantage as if unsuccessful with Wallington, you still have a few more months to prepare for Wilson's. But in our case, as DS passed Wallington we lost the incentive a bit and were rather too relaxed for Wilson's! :oops:

Good luck with it all - I don't envy but hopefully it will all be worth it in the end!

Plum