Post Y7 Grammar admissions

Eleven Plus (11+) in Surrey (Sutton, Kingston and Wandsworth)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

tomtom

Post Y7 Grammar admissions

Post by tomtom »

Hi,

This is not strictly an 11+ query but wondered if anyone can help. We currently have a son in Y7. He passed a couple of Grammar exams but failed to make the final intake. We've kept him on the waiting list and would still like to get him into one of them.

We've heard some of them take extra shildren at Y9 entry particularly. We were wondering if anyone knows what the tests are like for these entrances, the internet has a lot about 13+ but for private school entrance and I don;t think its the same. Is it the same as 11+ typically (VR. Maths, English) or is there more?

Would like to get some idea what the level of difficulty is and what they are tested on.

Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks.
surreymum

Re: Post Y7 Grammar admissions

Post by surreymum »

Wallington boys take a few at year 9

http://www.wcgs.org.uk/artman2/publish/ ... ndex.shtml

but I'm afraid I don't know the format of the exam - I'm sure the admissions officer would help.

The other boys grammars in sutton don't have an additional intake. Unfortunately I don't know about Tiffin but I suspect it's on their website
LazyDaisy

Re: Post Y7 Grammar admissions

Post by LazyDaisy »

The format at Wallington boys is Maths, English and VR. This year they had ten places but from the ten offers made only eight accepted. I think they may have had another test rather than run a waiting list.

The standard is pretty high. Wilsons and Sutton only put on a test if a place becomes available.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now