Non such exam experience 18/9/10

Eleven Plus (11+) in Surrey (Sutton, Kingston and Wandsworth)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
doroty

Re: Non such exam experience 18/9/10

Post by doroty »

My daughter found the VR quite easy, she even had time left to check. But NVR a little bit hard. She finished it but with a couple of "guessings"... We are not in catchment area (only for a couple of roads!) so we really need every point! We will sit Wallington as well but as a "mock test" as we have two private school tests on January (plan C!), as well as Tiffin.
just4fun

Post by just4fun »

hi doroty,
good luck for ur daughter. Which private school exam is she taking? Are there any around here? And how do i apply for them?
surreymum

Post by surreymum »

Sutton High school and Greenacre are popular, although as Doroty is in Raynes Park she may be looking at Wimbledon High. If you are nearer Kingston then there is Kingston Grammar as well
just4fun

Post by just4fun »

thanks surreymum.
Do u think i can still apply for those? Sutton grammer for girls is just near my place.But dont i have to pay for it? Or if she pass the test is it free then?
surreymum

Post by surreymum »

These are all fee paying schools. The girls have to pass an entrance exam to get in-often similar to the grammar schools but in our area a little less competitive for entry.
They will all offer academic scholarships for those who score highest, however the trend is for these to be for a token 10% with the emphasis on bursaries for those who score highly in the exams who are on relatively low incomes and would not otherwise be able to afford the fees. I am afraid I do not know the specifics for these schools but they would have more details on their websites. Their admissions officers at the schools will be able to advise
just4fun

Post by just4fun »

thanks surrymum.
No,i hope on 8th we ll have good news so that we dont need to think about other schools.
I am sooooooooooo worried. Cant even sleep properly.
doroty

Post by doroty »

Sorry I didn't reply before Just4fun mum.
I went to see Notredame (catholic school in Cobham) which I really like and Wimbledon High, which is nice as well but a little bit more competitive... Not sure if we will try both or only one. The tests for private school are on January (as well as Tiffin Girls) and they usually have academic scholarships but only for one or two girls who score the best results during the entrance test. And they have music and sport scholarships as well, for high grades in music and really good achievers in sports. The fees are really high (£15000 p/a between tutor fees, bus, lunch, music, drama, etc) so it is really a pain in the... Especially when you have more than one daughter like it's my case! So I really hope that 235 will be enough to get a place into Nonsuch!!! It is really borderline as we are not in catchment area... I have to pray everyday till March now...
xx
stressedparent

Post by stressedparent »

doroty wrote:Sorry I didn't reply before Just4fun mum.
I went to see Notredame (catholic school in Cobham) which I really like and Wimbledon High, which is nice as well but a little bit more competitive... Not sure if we will try both or only one. The tests for private school are on January (as well as Tiffin Girls) and they usually have academic scholarships but only for one or two girls who score the best results during the entrance test. And they have music and sport scholarships as well, for high grades in music and really good achievers in sports. The fees are really high (£15000 p/a between tutor fees, bus, lunch, music, drama, etc) so it is really a pain in the... Especially when you have more than one daughter like it's my case! So I really hope that 235 will be enough to get a place into Nonsuch!!! It is really borderline as we are not in catchment area... I have to pray everyday till March now...
xx
I wish you all the best and good luck to you and your your DD.
stressedparent
stressedparent