Comments from a Sutton parent

Eleven Plus (11+) in Surrey (Sutton, Kingston and Wandsworth)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

stressedparent

Re: Comments from a Sutton parent

Post by stressedparent »

Dear suttonparent,
I think you have failed to grasp the basic concept of selective grammar school education. These schools are there to provide education to the very bright kids who are the future generation of this country. Where you live is your choice and should be irrelevant to the admission policy of these schools. Why should a lower scoring candidate be admitted to a school that caters for very bright high achieving children just because he lives next door to the school? Admission should only be on merit, and let me add where you live does not give you the right to a selective grammar education. We all pay massive taxes where you live does not give you any exemptions. If your children are bright and able to pass the test then good luck to them and I wish them all the best for the future. What you are trying to do is to close the door on a lot of poor people that cannot afford to live in the catchments area.

stressedparent
stressedparent
notapushyparent

Post by notapushyparent »

stressedparent wrote:Dear suttonparent,
I think you have failed to grasp the basic concept of selective grammar school education. These schools are there to provide education to the very bright kids who are the future generation of this country. Where you live is your choice and should be irrelevant to the admission policy of these schools. Why should a lower scoring candidate be admitted to a school that caters for very bright high achieving children just because he lives next door to the school? Admission should only be on merit, and let me add where you live does not give you the right to a selective grammar education. We all pay massive taxes where you live does not give you any exemptions. If your children are bright and able to pass the test then good luck to them and I wish them all the best for the future. What you are trying to do is to close the door on a lot of poor people that cannot afford to live in the catchments area.

stressedparent
Here, here to the above!
doroty

Post by doroty »

stressedparent wrote:Dear suttonparent,

stressedparent
Strongly agree.
supermum2

Post by supermum2 »

Well said stressed parent.
All I need now is wings!
nonsuttonparent

Post by nonsuttonparent »

stressed parent

Well said. Couldn't have put it better myself.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now