Wilsons Results

Eleven Plus (11+) in Surrey (Sutton, Kingston and Wandsworth)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

hmaq

Re: Wilsons Results

Post by hmaq »

Congrats to everyone whose son has passed.
passes here has well, it is such a heartwarming relief to know that all the hard work paid off.
Well, fingers crossed till March now.

And by the way, thank you to everyone on this forum.
parent1965returns

Post by parent1965returns »

Why did only 392 boys pass Wilsons if there are 390 places in total at Sutton schools? Given that some boys will go to private schools and some to Tiffins does this mean there is a danger the school could be undersubscribed - what happens then?

If some boys have taken the test from further away who will end up going to Tiffins, will local boys will be prejudiced as they will have fallen just short of the pass mark due to the increaesed number of entrants.

surely it would have been better to set the numbers passing at similar levels to Wallington?
Plum

Post by Plum »

Some boys pass one test but not necessarily the others. Traditionally, more usually pass WCGS as more tended to sit that exam because it used to be earlier and it was used a a mock exam for some boys. Not sure how many boys sat for each test this time. Also, not all boys sit for all three grammars.

I don't think there is any danger of any of the grammars being undersubscribed!

The pass marks are fixed for WCGS & Wilson's, although usually, boys need to score higher marks to get a place.
isamum

Post by isamum »

My son sat his exam later (10/11) as he injured himself the week between Wallington Grammar and Wilsons one. He fell down the stairs and we ended up in A&E, his middle finger bruised and strapped for a week afterwards, he would not have been able to write then.
He passed both exams.

The info in the letter - 407 boys passed this year.
I was surprised at how many were sitting at a later date, I thought just a handfull would be like my son - but in fact there were well over 60 from what I counted.
Considering he is a Sept boy and that extra delay where they adjusted his mark accordingly I am a very proud mum :)

We had some experience as my daughter is in y8 in Wally Girls, but preparing boy is a different kettle of fish.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now